8.2 hr dispatch stategy likely to drag down performance for UPS

Poop Head

Judge me.
So a majority of drivers chose not to be on the 9.5 list before and the union said "hey, let's make 9.5 for everyone!"? How stupid is that? So this means everyone can now file over 9.5?

This is obviously the calculus UPS is using that determined their decision to slash hours. While it IS cheaper to pay OT than adding drivers, it is not if everyone can file 9.5 grievances.

Nice to know we're paying tons of union dues to get things many of us didn't want.
Don't worry, pimp. You can opt out and they will load you up.

You are now automatically on the 9.5. list
The way I understood it was, all you have to do is go to your steward and say you wanna be on the list. No need to be violated three times in a week on the same route, yada yada yada

while it IS cheaper to pay OT than adding drivers, it is not if everyone can file 9.5 grievances.
I heard corporate crunched the numbers and are now saying it's cheaper to eliminate the OT because of how low the profit margins are on Amazon, target, qvc, etc...

Poop Head

Judge me.
I hope once the contract is ratified they let the guys opt out of the 9.5 list. That would make everyone happy, which is why I’m afraid UPS won’t do it. They can’t have every driver happy. It’s UPS for christ sake

Many, but far from all. What was wrong with the 9.5 list? Everyone's different, why make the same guideline for everyone which led to getting only very little OT for everyone?

Can you guys not reed? They even sent paper copies of the proposed final contract before we voted!

Or were supposed to vote..

DeliveryMachine

Can you guys not reed? They even sent paper copies of the proposed final contract before we voted!

So if you want the hours they will load you up? The contract isn’t even in effect yet and I asked for more hours. At 1st no problem, then center manager said they want to get nearly everyone in under 9.5.

I hope once the contract is ratified they let the guys opt out of the 9.5 list. That would make everyone happy, which is why I’m afraid UPS won’t do it. They can’t have every driver happy. It’s UPS for christ sake
It would make me very happy if you opt out of the 9.5 list.

Poop Head

Judge me.
So if you want the hours they will load you up? The contract isn’t even in effect yet and I asked for more hours. At 1st no problem, then center manager said they want to get nearly everyone in under 9.5.
Are you following odo?

This thing is coming from the top. Try doing eams or airport shuttle?

5e0d68df-aa94-edd8.jpg

DeliveryMachine

Are you following odo?

Dude if you follow ODO they will drop your stop count so fast you’ll forget you work at UPS lol my preloader got me my hours this week. Running misloads all over the place. Higher seniority guys already get the late pick ups

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Are you following odo?

Here is a :censored2:ing novel idea, when you are done in 8 hours call the center and ask who needs help to stay under 9.5 and go help!

Your truck isn't blown out in the am so you can work in it and fly. You get added miles for going to help which is crack for the bonus crew. You get to control which days you want the added hour plus. And you get to help a fellow driver get home to see their family at a reasonable hour!

Use your head folks!

JL 0513

Here is a :censored2:ing novel idea, when you are done in 8 hours call the center and ask who needs help to stay under 9.5 and go help!

Your truck isn't blown out in the am so you can work in it and fly. You get added miles for going to help which is crack for the bonus crew. You get to control which days you want the added hour plus. And you get to help a fellow driver get home to see their family at a reasonable hour!

Use your head folks!

You're missing the part where everyone is going out with 8-8.5 hours of work. There is no one to help. Even if someone is running an hour over they'll still be under 9.5.