8.6 to 8.2 planned day update

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Those who want the OT can have it. I want a life outside of this place. Top of the pay scale is a very nice living!
So what you’re saying is that drivers in your area require no increase in compensation. So can I put you down as in agreement to end the “national pay scale”.....cause where I live you need to have an income in excess of 250K to buy a house. So while I concede that our wage is clearly enough in your area, in other areas OT is used to offset the low wage.

tacken

So what you’re saying is that drivers in your area require no increase in compensation. So can I put you down as in agreement to end the “national pay scale”.....cause where I live you need to have an income in excess of 250K to buy a house. So while I concede that our wage is clearly enough in your area, in other areas OT is used to offset the low wage.
Where did I say no increase in compensation? If your life style requires X amount of money. Well then have at the OT. I live on the West coast so the cost of living is off the chart! And all I said was you want the OT have it.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Where did I say no increase in compensation? If your life style requires X amount of money. Well then have at the OT. I live on the West coast so the cost of living is off the chart! And all I said was you want the OT have it.
My attention was captured by your statement of “top of pay scale is a very nice living”. I too am on the west coast. The Bay Area to be precise, and to be at just the 115K poverty line we’d need to make $57 an hour. This isn’t antidotal it’s factual. So now you can see my point.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not because I say so, but because article 22.4.4 says so.
So come Monday, after 22.4’s work a Saturday and Sunday shift, do you not think the volume will be low come Monday where they can implement their “as long as work is available”? In my 60 route center, we have Saturday delivery, and we are about 16 routes short come Monday. You really don’t thing sundays will put additional inroads into the RPCD? Is your last name Abney or Taylor?

So come Monday, after 22.4’s work a Saturday and Sunday shift, do you not think the volume will be low come Monday where they can implement their “as long as work is available”? In my 60 route center, we have Saturday delivery, and we are about 16 routes short come Monday. You really don’t thing sundays will put additional inroads into the RPCD? Is your last name Abney or Taylor?

I'm sure Monday and probably Tuesday volume will be affected, areas that have one-day layoffs and lack a guarantee are screwed, but that is not where this conversation came from.

DeliveryMachine

To be honest. If they cut routes hard on Monday, how many drivers you think will actually WANT the day off? If we had a PCM this upcoming Monday and they asked how many drivers want to go home today, I bet almost half would raise their hand. The guys that want to work will probably still have work.

To be honest. If they cut routes hard on Monday, how many drivers you think will actually WANT the day off? If we had a PCM this upcoming Monday and they asked how many drivers want to go home today, I bet almost half would raise their hand. The guys that want to work will probably still have work.

You're probably right, it would probably be like that in 95% of buildings, but it's not the point. If no one wanted the say off, a handful of drivers would be looking at some form of layoff, that's not ok when you've paid another lower-seniority driver a discount rate to do that work.

542thruNthru

This is true right now because everyone is worked so hard. Problem is 2-4 years down the line of less money people start to feel it. By then it's too late.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I would take one for the team and stay home on Mondays. They could also throw in Tuesday also.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This was the question that was asked several times in several ways at our contract union meeting. We were assured we would be guaranteed 40 hours mon -fri.