8.6 to 8.2 planned day update

babboo25

Banned
I see UPS heading in a different direction. The hybrid drivers will be delivering YOUR air and businesses then changing your start time to 11am. You will be delivering residentials, doing pick ups finishing at 7pm. That's 8 hours no ot.
LOL, we have 60 routes which means the max 22.4s can be 15, you’re telling me 15 drivers can cover the air and businesses of 60 routes?

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I see UPS heading in a different direction. The hybrid drivers will be delivering YOUR air and businesses then changing your start time to 11am. You will be delivering residentials, doing pick ups finishing at 7pm. That's 8 hours no ot.

Good Point..These 22.4's might be bid annually much like our feeders..Their start times and job descriptions (subject to change) could be any hour or day of a given week. This is a major win for the company for service commitments and will be a dream come true as far as cutting into their overtime costs. It always has been their goal/plan to keep everybody close to an eight hour or guarantee or pay under (actual).

These 22.4's can run early am air, late air, late pick ups and shuttle between buildings and still can be put into the hub or package operations with any extra insider work (preload, load or unload) as far we you they could do yard shift and carwash also, anything is open at is currently being done as a part time position. The Gap of 1 and 1/2 is another flexible advantage to the company. I also thought of the possibility of a center or a hub being created or small enough to have just 22.4's in their operations...No RPCD's..Could this be done with the tentative's master language?

Bottom line is for all those RCPD's who are relying on that 10 to 20 hours of weekly overtime to pay for your standard of living you will be in for a rude awakening if this is voted in. The GWI (General Wage Increases) will it be enough to counter balance your loss of O/T hours. You might be seeing after 5 years that you will be making the same amount of take home pay than you are currently enjoying now.

This problem of LIB's and Service failure could be solved without these 22.4 positions. The high revenue packages that they leave on the preload daily is Sad, it is like they created this problem in order to push this classification looking 20 or 30 years down the line.

Look at this peak and just see how willing they are going to be to provide enough equipment or manpower to keep their service commitments. In my building it was a complete failure, 5 to 10 loads of high premiums being left in the yard during peak. If they were not able to eliminate their service
failure refunds during those peak days their loss of revenue would be considerable. Currently I see no improvement or change coming this peak in that area ..So everybody be ready..

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Given that the alternative will be for every one of those 90+ routes to bring missed stops back that have to be re-dispatched the following day, I would think that the dispatcher would much prefer to solve the problem with a few mouse clicks.
you make it sound like dispatching send agains is difficult (it’s not)

We do it ourselves
that’s a great way to get walked out the door one day, unless you have it in writing from your local management that it’s okay for you to do that (pls get that, that’ll be a hoot one day when the manager gets demoted for it)

i’m sure no one cares atm, but it would just take one DM, or OE putting pressure on the manager and you’d be thrown under the bus hard

babboo25

Banned

that’s a great way to get walked out the door one day, unless you have it in writing from your local management that it’s okay for you to do that (pls get that, that’ll be a hoot one day when the manager gets demoted for it)

i’m sure no one cares atm, but it would just take one DM, or OE putting pressure on the manager and you’d be thrown under the bus hard
Guess they can walk 60+ of us out. Our management team knows how unsafe and unproductive it is, they just tell us to do the best we can with it, it’s a safety issue with me though. I’m not climbing thru the truck at 9:15 for a ground with a 5500 pal. Plus it’s distracting, you’re constantly trying to remember what you’ve skipped.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Guess they can walk 60+ of us out. Our management team knows how unsafe and unproductive it is, they just tell us to do the best we can with it, it’s a safety issue with me though. I’m not climbing thru the truck at 9:15 for a ground with a 5500 pal. Plus it’s distracting, you’re constantly trying to remember what you’ve skipped.
It's looking at the diad constantly, that's unsafe. Since the Orion format came back without odo

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i'm not trying to measure my dick with you, i'm just letting you know that's a dangerous thing to be doing without something written and it would be super easy to terminate over

babboo25

Banned
i'm not trying to measure my dick with you, i'm just letting you know that's a dangerous thing to be doing without something written and it would be super easy to terminate over
Easy? How so? We have 7 computers throughout our building, 3 in driver check in, none are password secure, I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The 50 missed stops I bring back due to trying to follow ORION will have to get forced in over the top of the 200 new stops I get the following day.
Then when I bring 75 missed back on the following day, they have to get forced in over the top of the 225 new stops I get the day after that. Ad infinitum.
It is called “snowballing.” And at some point, management will have to stop playing stupid compliance games and find a way to get the packages delivered by any means necessary.

soberups

Upon what basis would he be terminated?
There is no falsification or dishonesty taking place.
The driver has been intentionally set up to fail by ORION. So he is merely using existing tools and equipment in order to make service on packages that would otherwise be missed, and performing his duties in a manner that best represents the interests of the Employer, per Article 37.
Since he wont be following ORION anyway, what is the harm in being able to view the route in RDO?

soberups

The good news is that the bus would be following ORION. So it would drive by me 14 times and then run out of fuel 200 miles away without ever running over me.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
the guidance i’ve seen for peak is to hire as many helpers as possible to keep the paid day between an 8.5 and a 9, minus the peak days of cyber and christmas week

whatever they’re up to, they’re very serious about reducing the paid day at least up to Christmas

at the least they’re desperate to avoid the 70hr crap from LY
70 hour rule is in place when they start begging you to come in on the weekend

Poop Head

Judge me.
Plus it’s distracting, you’re constantly trying to remember what you’ve skipped.
the first day I had odo only, I literally felt stoned!! My head was spinning from how random the order was! Very unsafe, and I'm glad nothing bad came of it.

Easy? How so? We have 7 computers throughout our building, 3 in driver check in, none are password secure, I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
Interesting. We have one computer you can do this on. I was told from the beginning that only center manager can turn it off for us. Which he did, for a while. But must have got pressure from above because it stopped getting turned off.

Orion. Sucks. .

Last edited:

WTFm8

This is for all drivers, not just people on 9.5 list.

30611246-E69B-477D-BAC4-FE95A0B53BD7.jpeg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
LOL, we have 60 routes which means the max 22.4s can be 15, you’re telling me 15 drivers can cover the air and businesses of 60 routes?
No but the can cover 15 of those 60. They are guaranteed. RPCD’s are only guaranteed “as long as work is available”. So go in today and tell your bottom 15 that they might be screwed. Oh and ask them to vote.