8 hour dispatch coming soon

XJWuxdm18IHL7uEeEK.gif

Johney

I got a lot of respect for the old timers. No EDD, no diads, old school maps stored in tubes like a pirate, P1000 manuals with no power steering...anything else I missed?
Really high steps on those old trucks, upside down door latch that always seemed to catch your shirt and leave you hanging.

Shiftless

They only had a 70 pound weight limit...

Man I must be old as dirt! We had a 50 lb max per pkg weight limit, and no more than a total of 100 pounds could go from one shipper to one consignee per day. Heck you got paid a buck if you brought back any pkg's that went over 100 aggregate shipments! Also a buck for any pkg with two labels on it!

Then they came out with a service called "Next Day Air" ???? Man those were the time's! Of course I was long gone as a delivery driver so it dint matter! Paper Rules! Except in the rain.

Yup those were the rough and tumble days for sure!

Man I must be old as dirt! We had a 50 lb max per pkg weight limit, and no more than a total of 100 pounds could go from one shipper to one consignee per day. Heck you got paid a buck if you brought back any pkg's that went over 100 aggregate shipments! Also a buck for any pkg with two labels on it!

Then they came out with a service called "Next Day Air" ???? Man those were the time's! Of course I was long gone as a delivery driver so it dint matter! Paper Rules! Except in the rain.

Yup those were the rough and tumble days for sure!
Paper didn't work well in the snow either

Grey

Center Manager made a big announcement a few weeks ago regarding 8 hour days just beyond the horizon. Management is patting themselves on the back saying how the 9.5 push was such a big success that they will now plan to make 8 hour days the norm soon. Thoughts???

tenor.gif