8 hour dispatch coming soon

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Center Manager made a big announcement a few weeks ago regarding 8 hour days just beyond the horizon. Management is patting themselves on the back saying how the 9.5 push was such a big success that they will now plan to make 8 hour days the norm soon. Thoughts???
I got an 8 hour day on the preload.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Center Manager made a big announcement a few weeks ago regarding 8 hour days just beyond the horizon. Management is patting themselves on the back saying how the 9.5 push was such a big success that they will now plan to make 8 hour days the norm soon. Thoughts???
Still pushing most of us right up to 9.5 here.

Basically all that’s happened here is we are being told there’s a big push for everyone to be under then bitching about performance if you go over.

Hardly any actual change to dispatch levels.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got a lot of respect for the old timers. No EDD, no diads, old school maps stored in tubes like a pirate, P1000 manuals with no power steering...anything else I missed?
I would take all of that over today’s bricked out package cars and 100 lbs boxes.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Still pushing most of us right up to 9.5 here.

Basically all that’s happened here is we are being told there’s a big push for everyone to be under then bitching about performance if you go over.

Hardly any actual change to dispatch levels.
Yup. I'm still working 50+ hours a week....and I'm on the 9.5 list!

MC0493

I'll believe it when i see it, we're not even close to the whole 9.5 dispatch plan if that even is a plan. I still run for the door anytime i get done early, always ends up evening out. Done early one day and screwed the next.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Flavor of the month. Similar how he had 8hr dispatches before peak 2018. My guess is that volume is lower than expected so mgmt are going really focus in more of safety n service

Blackadder 2

I went from 10 hour days all the way down to 10 hour days. I bet I will soon be doing 10 hour days.

UrFellowUpser

How many stops?
120. I usually knock out 45 by 12 then take my hour lunch. At 1pm i start back up then i knock out another 50 stops by 3pm mostly resis and the pickups takes an hour then i knock out the other 25 by 430/ 445 my last pickup is at 5. Drive back to building and be clocked out by 530

Last edited: