8-hours denied

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Scheduled days off, or "dead days" as you call them, aren't provided for contractually....

....which reinforces the notion of a seniority based system for those days off that are.
Depends on the supplement. Voluntary time off has to be offered in seniority order here.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It gets fairer by making every driver burn all of their paid time before they take dead days.
Shut up. Your opinion is typically an extra contract agreement and your opinion of what it fair means little to people governed by a cba.

You'd get shredded in a hearing with a competent labor manager present.

Over70irregs

If you're a steward, BA, or P.O. the question remains...will you do what you promised when you ran for office? Your job is to face the wind and not back down. Otherwise get out of the way and let someone else do the job for you and the rest of the membership who may be waiting for a true leader to lead.

Not everyone is a leader. Jimmy Hoffa Sr. was a leader. He gave up a normal lifestyle to help millions of workers looking for someone to embody what they knew down deep in their heart needed to be fixed. They bled in the streets to fight corporate greed.

There are Jimmys out there. Now is the time to stand up.
The financial dynamics and repercussions connected to such activities are messy. $ silences politicians, churches and unions.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The financial dynamics and repercussions connected to such activities are messy. $ silences politicians, churches and unions.
Money and power silences some politicians, churches, union reps, and many other weak and cowardly people in any capacity.

I have found that being truthful and having strong willed integrity do two things:
1. Strengthens people around you.
2. Challenges the corrupt and weak people to either get their minds right or exposes them when the light shines on their darkness.

It's better to stand alone for being honest and stalwart than it is to be counted in the multitude of the compromised.

Future

Victory Ride
I take a picture of everything
Vacation schedules, personal days or 8 hour days.

Everyone once in a while somebody wants to pull something shady
ED95DDEC-AECE-42E5-B666-88FD7CFEC104.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

Shut up. Your opinion is typically an extra contract agreement and your opinion of what it fair means little to people governed by a cba.

You'd get shredded in a hearing with a competent labor manager present.
He is actually right. Got burned early on when senior guys would take a ton of dead days yet I planned out days that I wanted. Then they would start using rovers after they had numerous days off already.

Over70irregs

Money and power silences some politicians, churches, union reps, and many other weak and cowardly people in any capacity.

I have found that being truthful and having strong willed integrity do two things:
1. Strengthens people around you.
2. Challenges the corrupt and weak people to either get their minds right or exposes them when the light shines on their darkness.

It's better to stand alone for being honest and stalwart than it is to be counted in the multitude of the compromised.
When your overly dependent on one entity for basic survival kinda difficult to find your sea legs.

542thruNthru

I don't think you really understand...

Apparently not. Dead days here go by seniority. They are only offered when there is not enough work and someone will be going home.

Why should someone burn a personal day to go home when a lower seniority person will be able to go home with out burning a personal day?

Or

Why should any member be forced to burn a personal day when its the company that needs people to go home?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Apparently not. Dead days here go by seniority. They are only offered when there is not enough work and someone will be going home.

Why should someone burn a personal day to go home when a lower seniority person will be able to go home with out burning a personal day?

Or

Why should any member be forced to burn a personal day when its the company that needs people to go home?
There have been a couple times here that they tried to make folks burn personals for going home when there were extra drivers, never holds up past the first grievance hearing.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Or

You have your view and I have mine. I hope you never post about previous union members fighting for better conditions. The guaranteed workweek would be in there somewhere....