8-hours denied

A.Spooner

Read them. They're JAC decisions from the Central Region.
THAT'S where they're posted.
Ask your BA if it's current.
It is.

Does this also state that in the central we’re allowed 3, 8 hour requests per month? In the highlighted portion that’s what I gathered. I always thought it was two, but that was just hearsay from other employees.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Does this also state that in the central we’re allowed 3, 8 hour requests per month? In the highlighted portion that’s what I gathered. I always thought it was two, but that was just hearsay from other employees.
3 according to the decision.
But...
If you dont use your seniority to bump someone out of a request we were told it was then unlimited.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you dont use your seniority to bump someone out of a request we were told it was then unlimited.

So if a junior member puts in his 8 hour request on a Tuesday for the following Tuesday and it is approved he/she can have that request denied if a more senior member puts his 8 hour request in on Friday for that same Tuesday? Yeah, that seems fair-------not.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
So if a junior member puts in his 8 hour request on a Tuesday for the following Tuesday and it is approved he/she can have that request denied if a more senior member puts his 8 hour request in on Friday for that same Tuesday? Yeah, that seems fair-------not.
How long did you work there? Must of been some small extended center?

If the language says the deadline to ask for an 8 hr request is 24 hrs in advance the management here doesnt grant it until that deadline eod for obvious reasons.

If I want an 8 hr request for next monday and I put in the request a week in advance the management doesnt have to grant or deny it until 24 hrs prior to that day. They'd be stupid to grant it ahead of the deadline for that reason. That's how it works here.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It's called seniority. Dear Lord it's time for you to move on
Screenshot_20200525-221005_Google.jpg

He's got to be heard!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does this also state that in the central we’re allowed 3, 8 hour requests per month? In the highlighted portion that’s what I gathered.

In the Central, you are allowed 3.

After 3.... you can't exercise your seniority to bump someone.

Theoretically;

If no-one else is putting in for 8-hr requests.... you could have one everyday.

I always thought it was two, but that was just hearsay from other employees.

That's the National language.

So if a junior member puts in his 8 hour request on a Tuesday for the following Tuesday and it is approved he/she can have that request denied if a more senior member puts his 8 hour request in on Friday for that same Tuesday?

Yep.

Yeah, that seems fair-------not.

It's totally fair.... seniority prevails. Plus, the company agreed to it.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What about those drivers who constantly use dead days and they think they have the right to bump a junior driver who has scheduled a personal or sick day by using one of their own paid days for that same day? How is that fair? (Seniority prevails is not an answer.)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What about those drivers who constantly use dead days and they think they have the right to bump a junior driver who has scheduled a personal or sick day by using one of their own paid days for that same day? How is that fair? (Seniority prevails is not an answer.)
Think about it as a "tie breaker" if it makes you feel better???

Anyone who is timely in their request, is granted their contractually requested time off....by "seniority".

This system is clear, concise, easily measured, and far from arbitrary to dissuade management from doling out these days to their favorite suck-ash drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They can put one in Monday morning. As long as it’s 24 hours in advance.

I regularly get bumped off of Friday 8 hours Thursday morning

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not sure how it gets any fairer