8 Rules all drivers must follow

Dragon

Package Center Manager
1) Come in everyday and complain about your job to all management regardless, make sure you get with your clique early and be miserable together.

2) Always tell management that you can do their job better than they can.

3) Never listen to anything at the PCM, it doesn't pertain to you.

4) Always start your conversation with (I have been here x amount of years) when ever you disagree with something.

5) Always file a grievance when you disagree with something (see above), make sure you poll the other know it all's and see if they agree first.

6) When something goes wrong during the day blame management and then proceed to work over 9.5 you deserve it.

7) When nothing goes wrong during the day, milk the clock you deserve it.

8) Never hate the manager for leaving at 3pm on Friday, he is the boss and he really doesn't care what you think about it.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1) Come in everyday and complain about your job to all management regardless, make sure you get with your click early and be miserable together.
Clique?

8) Never hate the manger
Manger3.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
1) Come in everyday and complain about your job to all management regardless, make sure you get with your click early and be miserable together. I have no comment...guilty

2) Always tell management that you can do their job better than they can. I cannot do your job and I really would never want it, too much additional BS and stress that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies.

3) Never listen to anything at the PCM, it doesn't pertain to you. I listen but when all that is talked about is staying hydrated, and taking care of yourself, I get bored easily.

4) Always start your conversation with (I have been here x amount of years) when ever you disagree with something. Nah, I'm pretty open-minded and willing to have a two-sided discussion.

5) Always file a grievance when you disagree with something (see above), make sure you poll the other know it all's and see if they agree first. Only when it's a blatant contract violation and I could care less what others think, I don't roll over and kiss them at night.

6) When something goes wrong during the day blame management and then proceed to work over 9.5 you deserve it. Screw that, more than happy to only work 8hours.

7) When nothing goes wrong during the day, milk the clock you deserve it. See above

8) Never hate the manger for leaving at 3pm on Friday, he is the boss and he really doesn't care what you think about it. I say leave anytime you want, then I won't have to deal with you...and take that useless dispatch sup with you, it's not like we need them, they already know they screwed our day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I say leave anytime you want, then I won't have to deal with you...and take that useless dispatch sup with you, it's not like we need them, they already know they screwed our day.
Don't forget about the useless loaders who aren't trained properly and make or break most guys days lol.

Z

ZQXC

My manager told me just the other day: "I can't shi* any more drivers."

I replied: "That's odd; I'm quite sure I could shi* a manager."

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
You forgot the rules about making more money than your manager and going to bed every night knowing you'll work in the same building for more than 2 years. Other than that, the rules seem pretty adequate.

kingOFchester

8 Rules all management must follow:

1) Come in everyday and prepare for the half dozen conference calls where you will get humiliated and bashed for failing at your job. Make sure you get with your 'team' early and be miserable together.

2) Always tell hourlies that you can do their job better than they can, even though you have never done the job.

3) Regurgitate silly corporate PCM messages even though it has no value in the real world and doesn't address any of the real issues at Brown.

4) Always start your conversation with "Safety always" as long as it doesn't impede with production.

5) Always threaten discipline with worthless warning letters when you have no understanding of the jobs we do. Make sure you get approval from the guys in cubicles in Atlanta before you do anything that actually involves managing.

6) When something goes wrong during the day blame hourlies and then proceed to continue to do nothing.

7) When nothing goes wrong during the day, pinch yourself, its obviously just a dream.

8) Never hate the drivers for having top insurance, job security, top pay in the industry and pension........... he is the one carrying you by carrying boxes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
8 Rules all management must follow:

1) Come in everyday and prepare for the half dozen conference calls where you will get humiliated and bashed for failing at your job. Make sure you get with your 'team' early and be miserable together.

2) Always tell hourlies that you can do their job better than they can, even though you have never done the job.

3) Regurgitate silly corporate PCM messages even though it has no value in the real world and doesn't address any of the real issues at Brown.

4) Always start your conversation with "Safety always" as long as it doesn't impede with production.

5) Always threaten discipline with worthless warning letters when you have no understanding of the jobs we do. Make sure you get approval from the guys in cubicles in Atlanta before you do anything that actually involves managing.

6) When something goes wrong during the day blame hourlies and then proceed to continue to do nothing.

7) When nothing goes wrong during the day, pinch yourself, its obviously just a dream.

8) Never hate the drivers for having top insurance, job security, top pay in the industry and pension........... he is the one carrying you by carrying boxes.

These are in the OTHER thread of which this one is a parody:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/8-rules-all-center-managers-must-follow.358168/