804 Who pays & how much?

Brown Spider

The 250 should pay the 1000 bucks. Let them pay over a years time but check the numbers first.

Why would the 250 be expected to pay? They were not party to the discussions that took place to resolve the issue. Someone signatory to the final agreement, probably Tim, would have had to agree to the issue of restitution to UPS. He would have been agreeing on behalf of Local 804 and it is Local 804 that is expected to pay. The 250? Wouldn't you think they've been through just about enough by now?

Jungle boy dee

Why would the 250 be expected to pay? They were not party to the discussions that took place to resolve the issue. Someone signatory to the final agreement, probably Tim, would have had to agree to the issue of restitution to UPS. He would have been agreeing on behalf of Local 804 and it is Local 804 that is expected to pay. The 250? Wouldn't you think they've been through just about enough by now?
250 804 driver ain't paying a cent. 10 day suspension.the local will be paying ups they already worked a number with ups.

Jungle boy dee

UPS only pays refunds if the customer asks, so most late airs don't cost anything extra. I think UPS will charge the union for other costs including legal fees. Which should be just accounting since UPS already has an army of lawyers on the payroll but I am sure they will stick it to the local.
Exactly!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Did everyone walk or did some stay behind? I'm just saying folks that didn't do anything might have a case for not having to foot the bill.

Fragile

The local is paying, with OUR dues. It's not like UPS is going to garnish the checks of the drivers who participated for whatever they lost during the time of the walkout.