804 Who pays & how much?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It will be interesting too see the number the company comes up with. I never hear of customers getting refunds, does anyone? We have late air quite often.

Who pays this bill? Should it be the 250 who walked?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It will be interesting too see the number the company comes up with. I never hear of customers getting refunds, does anyone? We have late air quite often.

Who pays this bill?
Should it be the 250 who walked?
LocaL 804 pays.
That is between L804 and the 250.

upschuck

I would think they would only have to pay the amount that was refunded to shippers. As we all know, not everyone checks their packages and requests refunds, and since the timetable is 2 weeks to request, they should have a number fairly quickly, if they haven't already given it to them. I'm sure that number will be asked for at the next union meeting.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Any way you look at it the 250 pay. It is there dues money. Once the reimbursement is made it should be public record as all of the Union financials are.

Johney

Out of all the NDA's that were late that day I'd be surprised if even 10% asked for a refund. I'm guessing that the local would only have to pay for any refunds and only refunds paid for by the company?

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS only pays refunds if the customer asks, so most late airs don't cost anything extra. I think UPS will charge the union for other costs including legal fees. Which should be just accounting since UPS already has an army of lawyers on the payroll but I am sure they will stick it to the local.

Johney

UPS only pays refunds if the customer asks, so most late airs don't cost anything extra. I think UPS will charge the union for other costs including legal fees. Which should be just accounting since UPS already has an army of lawyers on the payroll but I am sure they will stick it to the local.
Just because UPS has an army of lawyers doesn't mean they won't make 804 pay for the fee's accrued during this issue. I'm sure the only one's who will come out on top from this whole ordeal is the blood sucking lawyers.........on both sides.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS has few lawyers on the payroll.
Almost all actual legal work is outsourced.

brown metal coffin

Didn't the 250 get a 10 day suspension without pay as part of the deal? Sheesh I would think that an average of 100 hours pay per member would be enough. I would say lesson learned.

Sent using BrownCafe App

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Two wildcat strikes from this board, something needs to happen asap! I say the members of the eboard pay UPS out of their undeserved six figured salaries and resign with respect. Ofcourse they will not, because they lack integrity and decency.