8am start Monday 11/26. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

bl04a

8am start tomorrow. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

I agree? A good helper makes all the difference. I have my son for the last 3 years. I give him about 20 stops on a hand truck and I go do another 20. It works out great. Also it's envelope season. I usually make about $1500 in tips.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was once "dispatched" with over 500 stops. In a P-500. About 300 of them were brickloaded into the car, with another 200 sitting under the belt. The car was stuffed so tight that I could not open the bulkhead door. All residential stops, no bulk in there. I had to go out and find a garage to unload half the car into so that I could come back and get the remaining 200 stops "out of the building" and allow my "management team" to bask in the illusion of a clean dispatch for about 13 hours. I wound up doing about 250 stops that day with a helper, in just over 13 hours. I brought about 150 of the stops back to the building at 11:30 that night, the other 100 sat in the garage where I had left them for a few days until I was able to get them delivered. This was pre-DIAD of course, so there was no package tracking. Wanna hear the really sick part? My Center Manager was there at the building that night when I got back and she intructed me to unload the missed stops without sheeting them or recording any of them as "missed" on my timecard. This center manager was subsequently promoted to Division Manager and then District Labor Manager, where on several occasions she terminated drivers for dishonesty.

Indecisi0n

I was once "dispatched" with over 500 stops. In a P-500. About 300 of them were brickloaded into the car, with another 200 sitting under the belt. The car was stuffed so tight that I could not open the bulkhead door. All residential stops, no bulk in there. I had to go out and find a garage to unload half the car into so that I could come back and get the remaining 200 stops "out of the building" and allow my "management team" to bask in the illusion of a clean dispatch for about 13 hours. I wound up doing about 250 stops that day with a helper, in just over 13 hours. I brought about 150 of the stops back to the building at 11:30 that night, the other 100 sat in the garage where I had left them for a few days until I was able to get them delivered. This was pre-DIAD of course, so there was no package tracking. Wanna hear the really sick part? My Center Manager was there at the building that night when I got back and she intructed me to unload the missed stops without sheeting them or recording any of them as "missed" on my timecard. This center manager was subsequently promoted to Division Manager and then District Labor Manager, where on several occasions she terminated drivers for dishonesty.

The problem here is you were thinking. If anything had happened to those packages in todays UPS you'd probably be fired. I had them put 215 stops in a 6 cube one time which is out right stupid. With the amount of missed packages I had that night it will never happen again.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

"Gotta love the double standard!"
...paraphrased from Hoax

BTW, we start at 7:45, and my first 10 stops are businesses that won't even be open. Genius.:surprised:

S

serenity now

I like setting up the lights and stuff, but maybe not till it's December.
And I don't like Christmas music till half way thru December!

We already decorated the house with the Xmas music playing. I love this time of year. I might even go out today and buy a few more decorations.

don't feel much like decorating this year * might just let it slide *

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Nick, with your work ethic, you need to transfer to a bonus center. I remember finishing 160-170 stops by 3:30 out in W. philly, or 150-160 in the 45/46 zips in S. philly and just having a really long lunch and the satisfaction of knowing I ran a good day. But in a bonus center, getting done faster has much greater meaning....

Nickfury7

Trying to. Mayfair or Mt. Ariie center. Mt Arie center needed help a month ago, they sent me down thete and did a route cold 156 stops, I was done at 2:15, supervisor took my pus off me and let me.come in early. And the center manager manager told me If I could get In her center I could make 110 k a year. I'm at PHL hub

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I know of one driver who crossed 100k last year.....and he doesn't file grievances nor work past 6:00 (usually 5:00, but everyone has bad days! FYI, an 8hr day is 5:30 for us). Know another who comes awfully close to six figures every year, missing by a couple hundred or so. This time of year is when they get paid!

Nickfury7

Yea, my supervisor told me my center had a chance to become a bonus center and they voted againest it. I would love to work in a bonus center. I told them if they don't let ne make my ft seniority this Jan, I'm signed every bid sheet.

oldtymer

Peak is here in NYC for sure, I'm in feeder and just got home after 9 hours of overtime, they wanted me to stay and pull another load but I have a 3am start Monday morning so I need my 10 hours off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

"Gotta love the double standard!"
...paraphrased from Hoax

BTW, we start at 7:45, and my first 10 stops are businesses that won't even be open. Genius.:surprised

:

Chances u r out of there by 8 are slim and I'm not sure we can sheet businesses as closed before 9.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The problem here is you were thinking. If anything had happened to those packages in todays UPS you'd probably be fired. I had them put 215 stops in a 6 cube one time which is out right stupid. With the amount of missed packages I had that night it will never happen again.

Your mistake here is in assuming that your "management team" has the authority to make the sort of rational operational decisions that are necessary to prevent that from happening again. They dont. If some high-ranking IE dipschitt in Atlanta instructs them to load "x" number of stops per car they will have no choice but to mindlessly obey, regardless of the real-world consequences. We are UPS, and when we decide to chase a number we get downright stupid. When you combine that sort of institutionalized stupidity with the midless obedience of a low level manager who is desperate to look good on a report...bad things can happen. Like bringing 250 stops back at 11:30 at night.

Indecisi0n

Your mistake here is in assuming that your "management team" has the authority to make the sort of rational operational decisions that are necessary to prevent that from happening again. They dont. If some high-ranking IE dipschitt in Atlanta instructs them to load "x" number of stops per car they will have no choice but to mindlessly obey, regardless of the real-world consequences. We are UPS, and when we decide to chase a number we get downright stupid. When you combine that sort of institutionalized stupidity with the midless obedience of a low level manager who is desperate to look good on a report...bad things can happen. Like bringing 250 stops back at 11:30 at night.

It's not my job to fix their problems and I don't. I do my best and keep moving. If that means removing 25-30 packages to find one then I will do that all night.

jaker

trolling
I don't really care what happens from here on out , I know I will get screwed but as long as I got a good helper I can get though it , I don't get out the truck at Christmas time long days but I don't come home as tired