9/11/01

over9five

Staff member
Was at my second stop where they told me a plane had hit a tower. Like @oldngray , I figured it was a small plane too.
Next stop everyone was in a big conference room watching TV. Hung there for a while watching.

We all met for lunch every day in the town I delivered in, and I remember sitting there for the next several days with ZERO planes in the air. We were right outside of Boston, so there's plenty of air traffic. Only thing we saw were fighter jets once.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had just retired 2 1/2 months earlier so I was sitting in a Lazyboy recliner in my underwear watching tv and thinking damn---I should be getting dressed for the day.

Funny thing was I was sitting in that same Lazyboy in my underwear when I watched the Branch Davidian complex burned to the ground near Waco by the Feds. I'm beginning to see a pattern

oldngray

nowhere special
Was at my second stop where they told me a plane had hit a tower. Like @oldngray , I figured it was a small plane too.
Next stop everyone was in a big conference room watching TV. Hung there for a while watching.

We all met for lunch every day in the town I delivered in, and I remember sitting there for the next several days with ZERO planes in the air. We were right outside of Boston, so there's plenty of air traffic. Only thing we saw were fighter jets once.
What was freaky was the absence of jet contrails. You don't normally notice them but so different without them.

JustDeliverIt

I put my daughter on the bus and headed to work at an automotive shop where I worked at the time. I was listening to the radio on the way in when the reports started coming in. When I got to the shop one of the guys ran home and brought a tv back. We sat in the office almost all day watching the coverage.

UrFellowUpser

Woke up around 12pm that day skipping school and turned on the tv and saw the breaking news and thought what kind of crazy :censored2: going on here today.

Siveriano

i was still in High school back in my country. on the teachers room kissing ass when i heard about it then MTV and all other cable channels were showing it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I also remember that was the first and only time in my life I gave serious consideration to enlisting in the service. I didn't, chose to stay with the Brown Army instead. I often wonder how life might be different today if I had enlisted.

PT Car Washer

After the second plane struck and the government grounded all commercial and private air traffic, I drove out to my cities airport in time to see a UPS air freighter do a jet fighter type turn and land. Never saw a plane that large do that kind of maneuver.

Mike57

I was on a cruise ship in Alaska.
Spent a couple of EXTRA unplanned days in Anchorage.
There were people renting cars and driving back to the lower 48...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was home on vacation. I missed the first tower getting hit but I had the news on and saw the second tower get hit when it happened.
English class had just started. The teacher said she didn't have details but they were saying a plan had hit one of the towers.

A few of us got up and left to see what was going on. My apartment was right by the school. I walked in and the second plane hit maybe 10 seconds later. It was pretty surreal.

We played a baseball game that day despite our objections.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I was on vacation asleep. Wife woke me to say a plane just hit a sky scraper in NY. I laid there waking up thinking how awful & hope it wasn't a big jetliner, she said another one just hit another sky scraper, the World Trade Center buildings. I lept out of bed and raced to my computer to sell all my stocks... markets were all halted and then felt awful people were dying and terror across our country and I was thinking about my money. The halt turned out for the best even though stocks across the board still drifted down after it opened the 17th. I sometimes still look at AMZN's intraday low of $5.51 on Oct.1st,2001.

I was sure proud of those heroes that stormed the plane in hopes of taking it back over. Wasn't proud of myself worried about me & money initially. Those were the days when losses and scandals dominated our markets. Not like today where you throw a $100 a week into a fund and have a 20% gain the next quarter. You had to fight to get ahead back then.

That's why I'm voting YES! I'm here to confess my greedy sins and help my brother & sisters keep their great paying jobs & bennies at least another 5 more years.

I think all the innocent that perished or suffered on 9-11 are heroes.

WTF

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
In the library of the primary center with my mom. Remember her and coworkers watching it on TV. I was young, but remember it. Remember not really comprehending the magnitude of what was happening.

ManInBrown

I had gone to Atlantic City the night before and was on my way home at about 2am. The Giants played at Denver on MNF. September 11th weather wise was one of the nicest days you could ever ask for in the tri state area. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. My buddy was in Manhattan and saw the planes over the Hudson. Said it was the craziest thing you’d ever see. The speed they were traveling combined with being so low. Commercial airliners don’t fly that fast at that altitude.

People say you’ll never forget where you were and now I understand why people say everyone knew where they were when JFK was assassinated.