9:30 start time

WorknLateHuh

UPS drivers work 1st and 2nd shift now. We need a hour for lunch and dinner. It's so ridiculous.

Almost 2 years it's been like this. Wonder why moral is crashing...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union should remind drivers that starting late is no excuse for rushing or cutting corners. Start late, get in late. Service disruptions are not in your control.

The real question should be, why is the company allowing Amazon to dictate how they service every other non-Amazon customer? You start the drivers late and you upset every aspect of the operation.

Last edited:

PCM Troll

This is how they plan to get year round PVDs. They will say that the drivers aren't making the commit times so they need PVDs to do it. They will have the air ready by 9am for the PVDs to deliver. Slowly they will continue to take work away from the drivers and give it to the PVDs. After about a year of this, the PVDs will be taking most of the work away from the drivers along with their uniform and package car. And before anyone says it can't be done cause of the contract, well the contract is useless when it's backed by a weak union.

Overpaid Union Thug

The union should remind drivers that starting late is no excuse for rushing or cutting corners. Start late, get in late. Service disruptions are not in your control.

The real question should be, why is the company allowing Amazon to dictate how they service every other non-Amazon customer? You start the drivers late and you upset every aspect of the operation.
It doesn’t make sense to screw the more profitable shippers (particularly NDAs) to appease a barely profitable account that is trying to gobble up all of the market share.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
"This is because all the college helpers in Louisville have gone back home for the summer. Expect this for a few weeks into June and then it should clear up and be back to normal."

-My center manager, May 2017

Wally

It doesn’t make sense to screw the more profitable shippers (particularly NDAs) to appease a barely profitable account that is trying to gobble up all of the market share.
Well NDA's get done on time but that means retracing afterwards. More time added to the pm side which gets pickups in later. It becomes a vicious cycle.

This is how they plan to get year round PVDs. They will say that the drivers aren't making the commit times so they need PVDs to do it. They will have the air ready by 9am for the PVDs to deliver. Slowly they will continue to take work away from the drivers and give it to the PVDs. After about a year of this, the PVDs will be taking most of the work away from the drivers along with their uniform and package car. And before anyone says it can't be done cause of the contract, well the contract is useless when it's backed by a weak union.
I thought delivering air packages was an air drivers job?

35years

Gravy route
Late start=more miles chasing NDA and messing up ORION trace which I follow 100%

More miles=less stops

We have enough idiots in my bldg that will still come in early and set up thier truck off the clock...So I doubt they will set a reasonable start time again.

Wally

Late start=more miles chasing NDA and messing up ORION trace which I follow 100%

More miles=less stops

We have enough idiots in my bldg that will still come in early and set up thier truck off the clock...So I doubt they will set a reasonable start time again.
A grievance will stop that activity. No working off the clock.