9.5 Arbitration decision - Or - Why clear contract language is important

What'dyabringmetoday???

Curious how all this will play out. Weather the union screwed up with the usage of continuous in the language or not. Anyone ever question why the excessive overtime “protection” starts at 9.5, an hour and half of overtime already included? If anyone knows the answer I’d love to hear it. Why isn’t there an 8.5 list?

I’ve said it before, the only way this company will reduce overtime is to get them to pay pension contributions for every hour worked, not just the first eight.
They screw up with the vague language. And it's not just with the 9.5 debacle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’ve said it before, the only way this company will reduce overtime is to get them to pay pension contributions for every hour worked, not just the first eight.
Nope, it's getting ready to start soon....as soon as the Company gets their 25% of 22.4 "hybrid drivers" qualified.

They will be used with staggered start times to eliminated every hour of OT for top scale "RPCD's" possible, at a better than 50% hourly rate discount.

Seriously, why wouldn't they???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nope, it's getting ready to start soon....as soon as the Company gets their 25% of 22.4 "hybrid drivers" qualified.

They will be used with staggered start times to eliminated every hour of OT for top scale "RPCD's" possible, at a better than 50% hourly rate discount.

Same reason why they keep early progression drivers on layoff while having top rate drivers racking up the OT.

You are forgetting one thing. The newbies don't stay

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Same reason why they keep early progression drivers on layoff while having top rate drivers racking up the OT.
Not here.
We have plenty of top senior drivers willing to take off as many days as the Company will give them....

....and the Company will be giving them out wholesale, while 25% of the drivers on road Tues-Fri are paid half of what RPCD's would.

What else made this latest contract attractive for UPS?