9.5 doesn’t work

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you on the 9.5. list?

I am and it works.

Yep.

They bang me twice a week then I am good.

Contract violation.

"The Company will not assign excessive overtime on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

Although.... I just realized, we might not be talking about the same thing. ;)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Do you remember when UPS implemented Early AM ?

"We want to be the first seen on the streets".

What’s your opinion of a direct dealing charge against a manager for dealing with the grievant to try a convince him to drop a grievance behind the stewards back as someone in an earlier post in this thread.....in your opinion is that a legit charge? I know the grievant shouldn’t talk about without a steward but was just curious if it was a real violation of rules

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yep.

Contract violation.

"The Company will not assign excessive overtime on the two (2) remaining days within the workweek in order to retaliate against a driver for opting onto the 9.5 List."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

Although.... I just realized, we might not be talking about the same thing. ;)
It's a shame that there isn't a penalty attached to that "9.5 retaliation" language, without it, there is very little dissuade the Company from doing it anyway.

~Bbbl~™

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are late on a daily basis also. That went out the window with package cars being washed everyday
They seem to be able to wash every feeder tractor every day, and if the washers can’t do it then there is nothing mgt says if I decide to take it through the wash tunnel.....so I think it’s just some upper level guys who doesn’t want to put on more washers in pkgs...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's a shame that there isn't a penalty attached to that "9.5 retaliation" language, without it, there is very little dissuade the Company from doing it anyway.

~Bbbl~™
Easy for a driver who has an 11 hour planned day on paper to argue there is too much work on the car... now the guy/gal who has a bogus study who is out there 10.5 but it’s only coming out to a 8.3 on the wor... the first things out of mgts mouth is “ what’s going on out there, you barely have an 8hour day so we need to ride with you to see what your doing wrong.....” seen it many times become a battle when these folks try to get on the list... probably ANOTHER reason pkg drivers all have lost so much since we have implemented the 9.5 language a few years ago

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's all about job elimination.
I think ups would rather put people on that are in more critical roles... to them carwash, porters, and address clerks are non critical personal who aren’t “working hard enough to justify them”.... my opinion only

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I wasn't talking about contract issues. I was talking about appearance,just like first on the road.
Fedex ground and air are out between 30-1 hr before our guys are and when I’m heading into work the express building I pass by my house is shut up and the parking lot is almost empty meaning all of their volume is in, on their feeders and probably already heading to the airport.... and I will still see many of our drivers out on side streets and on the freeways....

Fedex ground and air are out between 30-1 hr before our guys are and when I’m heading into work the express building I pass by my house is shut up and the parking lot is almost empty meaning all of their volume is in, on their feeders and probably already heading to the airport.... and I will still see many of our drivers out on side streets and on the freeways....
This company does so much crap wrong, it's amazing we are still in business.