9.5 doesn’t work

brownproof

I have been working over 9.5 for years(with few weeks in the year I don’t violate) along with many others . We have all been filing for years but the company has basically stopped paying grievances since early of last year. Some guys have over 20 9.5 grievances unpaid from last year.

Indecisi0n

I have been working over 9.5 for years(with few weeks in the year I don’t violate) along with many others . We have all been filing for years but the company has basically stopped paying grievances since early of last year. Some guys have over 20 9.5 grievances unpaid from last year.
Fakest news

tadpole

My guess is that mostly all of them will eventually get paid.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Do you ask your BA about the grievance and when you will be getting your check? Your BA should be the one to know why your grievance checks have not been processed. How many have gone to panel? I would start barking up the tree and finding out where my penalty pay is. 9.5 does work as long as you keep filing and you stay on the list it works when you are making over a 100 an hr, they will notice.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The language clearly lays out the guidelines for the 9.5 list. Call you BA and demand to have an update, especially on 20+ outstanding grievances. Since you've been violated so much you should have already had a meeting with your BA, center manager, steward, and labor manager to put a stop to the excessive violations. It sounds like your BA isn't doing his job so your next option is to file a NLRB charge against the union for failing to represent you and your coworkers.

I definitely wouldn't have put up with this :censored2: this long. My BA would have to turn his phone off because I would be calling him so damn much! I hope you eventually get all that penalty pay and I hope your center manager gets his ass demoted for violating so many people for so long.

Heavy Package

9.5 Language in the current contract is lawyer-speak. I like what Fred Z has proposed but I'm not holding my breath.

If I was being treated like this, I would of course keep raising the issue with the union but I would also be slowing waaaaaay down out there.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
9.5 Language in the current contract is lawyer-speak. I like what Fred Z has proposed but I'm not holding my breath.

If I was being treated like this, I would of course keep raising the issue with the union but I would also be slowing waaaaaay down out there.
So then you liked it the way I proposed it on here months before Fred? Remember, Fred’s, Hoffa’s, Denis’ proposals are nothing more than OUR proposals.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have been working over 9.5 for years(with few weeks in the year I don’t violate) along with many others . We have all been filing for years but the company has basically stopped paying grievances since early of last year. Some guys have over twenty 9.5 grievances unpaid from last year.
First off, you aren't violating, the Company is.

Secondly, keep filing the grievances and gather up all of your co-workers (and the steward) who are also filing 9.5 grievances that aren't being heard, and file labor charges with the NLRB for an unfair labor practice on the Company and perhaps your local for not processing the grievances.
This process is very costly, especially if there are multiple submissions.

The 9.5 language not only provides for the Company to pay a penalty, but also outlines a progression that is to take place if the penalty pay is not effectuating a change in your paid day.
Certainly, anybody with 20+ 9.5 grievances over a 1 year period will be seen as not being protected under this language.

It's a shame when you have to fight the Company and your Local both, in order to receive what you are entitled to contractually, but trust me, that's my life.

Hang in there and good luck.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Keep filing the grievances and gather up all of your co-workers (and the steward) who are also filing 9.5 grievances that aren't being heard, and file labor charges with the NLRB for an unfair labor practice on the Company and perhaps your local for not processing the grievances.

I'll go one step further.

The OP (co-workers and Steward) need to file NLRB charges against the Local.

If the company has been stalling the process....

The Local
, should be filing NLRB charges against the company on behalf

of the members.

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

How does someone just let this slide ?

It's been going on for years.... and the company just stops paying grievances ?

There has to be more to the story.

-Bug-
I don't believe they just stopped paying grievances. It would be going to arbitration asap and we both know the company doesn't want to pay for that when they lose.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't believe they just stopped paying grievances. It would be going to arbitration asap and we both know the company doesn't want to pay for that when they lose.
MemorableSpitefulAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

The company will get away with what locals allow. Believe it. It is reality to many.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'll go one step further.

The OP (co-workers and Steward) need to file NLRB charges against the Local.

If the company has been stalling the process....

The Local
, should be filing NLRB charges against the company on behalf

of the members.

-Bug-
The steward can throw more fuel on the fire by filing a "Direct dealing" charge against the company if he/she talks to each grievant and finds that management has talked to any of them about their grievance without the BA or steward present after it was filed. Make it messy and costly so that "others" up top have to deal with it too.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Whippersnappers! Back in the day, there wasn't such thing as 9.5. You went out with whatever you had in your PC and ran it. When you came back in, you told the center manager "thank you for the work, sir. Can I have my regular workday plus a split off another driver tomorrow?"

Whippersnappers! Back in the day, there wasn't such thing as 9.5. You went out with whatever you had in your PC and ran it. When you came back in, you told the center manager "thank you for the work, sir. Can I have my regular workday plus a split off another driver tomorrow?"
They honestly do not run enough routes, plus the later start times doesn't help. Then the wonder why that can't handle peak.