9.5 doesn’t work

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This company does so much crap wrong, it's amazing we are still in business.
It’s because of the dedication of employees like us ... it’s not because of your on road or center manager... let’s be serious, they add nothing to the operation...they really are dead wood

F

Frankie's Friend

What’s your opinion of a direct dealing charge against a manager for dealing with the grievant to try a convince him to drop a grievance behind the stewards back as someone in an earlier post in this thread.....in your opinion is that a legit charge? I know the grievant shouldn’t talk about without a steward but was just curious if it was a real violation of rules
It is an NLRB violation. End of story. File and keep filing the charge and theyll get the big picture.

F

Frankie's Friend

It's not a contractual requirement, for vehicles to be washed.

But.... they are required to perform services.... to ensure safety.

"All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition including mirrors and windows."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

How can anyone miss this ?

-Bug-
You just negated the contract language you posted. "Clean and sanitary" means clean and sanitary. It said nothing about safety even if it is in Art 18.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The fact that we have 9.5 language with penalty pay attached should tell you that it is not better.
The fact that you at least have the 9.5 language is better than I had it. We had to do whatever was on our PC, no questions asked. If you don't follow through with grievences it's your own fault, or the stewards, or the BA.

F

Frankie's Friend

The fact that you at least have the 9.5 language is better than I had it. We had to do whatever was on our PC, no questions asked. If you don't follow through with grievences it's your own fault, or the stewards, or the BA.
9 hours a day was PT when I drove. 11-12 hour days were the norm, though it did get better later on. Maybe the bean counters figured out how much it cost the bottom line in OT.
You think they quit dispatching heavy because of the 9.5 list? Dream on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You think they quit dispatching heavy because of the 9.5 list? Dream on.
They quit dispatching me heavy as a result of it....and I'm not dreaming????

Not overnight, as it took nearly six months of grievances, after having the contract imposed on us, for the Company to even acknowledge I was on the list.
In reality, I opted in the first week the language was in play in May of 2014 (Central Region), and have grieved every week they have violated me since.

I can now say through persistence and perseverance (and nearly $5,000 in penalty pay), the present day "9.5 opt-in list" and the subsequent grievance procedure has most certainly changed how the Company dispatches my route.

Trust me, if you can get it done in my Local, it can be done about anywhere.
The present day 9.5 language is good language, that still needs a of couple tweaks, but has definitely worked for many drivers and myself here.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
now the guy/gal who has a bogus study who is out there 10.5 but it’s only coming out to a 8.3 on the wor... the first things out of mgts mouth is “ what’s going on out there, you barely have an 8hour day so we need to ride with you to see what your doing wrong.

"Brown up.... or Shut up" is what you tell management.

Are you really afraid, a stupidvisor can run a route.... better than a seasoned veteran ?

"Here is the DIAD. Please demonstrate all the methods."

Not for just 5 minutes....

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

They quit dispatching me heavy as a result of it....and I'm not dreaming????

Not overnight, as it took nearly six months of grievances, after having the contract imposed on us, for the Company to even acknowledge I was on the list.
In reality, I opted in the first week the language was in play in May of 2014 (Central Region), and have grieved every week they have violated me since.

I can now say through persistence and perseverance (and nearly $5,000 in penalty pay), the present day "9.5 opt-in list" and the subsequent grievance procedure has most certainly changed how the Company dispatches my route.

Trust me, if you can get it done in my Local, it can be done about anywhere.
The present day 9.5 language is good language, that still needs a of couple tweaks, but has definitely worked for many drivers and myself here.
Nice dissertation. But not quite relative to what i have posted. The company is still dispatching heavy days and some like it, some have no gonads to fight it and some (few in %s) use the 9/5 language to better their lives.
Think back to Kaptain Krunch's day. Twenty yrs ago a 9 hr "planned" day on one of our training routes was 55 del stops/200 pkgs; 35 pickups averaging 100 pk up pcs on a heavy day in a P8. Today the same route is in a P12 delivering 120 stops with 350+ pkgs and 42 pk ups generating 300-400 pkup pcs and is a 9.25 "planned" day.
Dont tell me the fob, edd, and orion's clustered dispatch is the difference.:bsbullf:

F

Frankie's Friend

It does, if you have guts.

But wait:

I'm going to park my 2017 lifted Chevy 4 wheel drive truck sideways, in the lot.

Tell everyone, my wife is a bitch.... my kids are :censored2:s....

And the Union sucks.
I would never say that about your wife. Never met her.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

We certainly have a lot less management than when I first started.
And most are ignorant paper pushers with little job experience and couldn't care less about reality. At least many of the supes 30 yrs ago did the job and knew or tried to know the delivery areas to be able to make sense of dispatches, honoring valued shippers and consignees.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nice dissertation. But not quite relative to what i have posted. The company is still dispatching heavy days and some like it, some have no gonads to fight it and some (few in %s) use the 9/5 language to better their lives.
Think back to Kaptain Krunch's day. Twenty yrs ago a 9 hr "planned" day on one of our training routes was 55 del stops/200 pkgs; 35 pickups averaging 100 pk up pcs on a heavy day in a P8. Today the same route is in a P12 delivering 120 stops with 350+ pkgs and 42 pk ups generating 300-400 pkup pcs and is a 9.25 "planned" day.
Dont tell me the fob, edd, and orion's clustered dispatch is the difference.:bsbullf:
Everybody knows that ie has totally gamed the system to the companies benefit....whether they admit it or not... we as a workgroup have to look past this and get smarter about working together to get “a fair days work for a fair days pay” back in the spotlight... and it really screwes the workgroup when certain drivers go out there and “kill it” day in and day out... most mgt know these guys are gaming the system... we need to start with automatic 9.5 language unless you “opt” out of it for those who want a 12 hour day...we NEED to have the diads shut down on your chosen lunch and break times... too many drivers gaming the system... finally, we need AUTOMATIC payout on next weeks check...none of this bs waiting for months crap...if the center is paying out thousands a week and times that by hundreds of centers then they will start watching people’s stopcounts... anyone else have anything to add??... we can’t dwell on the allowances though... it’s smoke and mirrors and nothing will change in regards to them...

F

Frankie's Friend

Everybody knows that ie has totally gamed the system to the companies benefit....whether they admit it or not... we as a workgroup have to look past this and get smarter about working together to get “a fair days work for a fair days pay” back in the spotlight... and it really screwes the workgroup when certain drivers go out there and “kill it” day in and day out... most mgt know these guys are gaming the system... we need to start with automatic 9.5 language unless you “opt” out of it for those who want a 12 hour day...we NEED to have the diads shut down on your chosen lunch and break times... too many drivers gaming the system... finally, we need AUTOMATIC payout on next weeks check...none of this bs waiting for months crap...if the center is paying out thousands a week and times that by hundreds of centers then they will start watching people’s stopcounts... anyone else have anything to add??... we can’t dwell on the allowances though... it’s smoke and mirrors and nothing will change in regards to them...
The worst battles are in the bonus centers/hubs. You know the company NEVER posts telematics speeding results or talks with drivers about driving (way) over the speed limits. Its all abt safety bro. It really is. Barf.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And most are ignorant paper pushers with little job experience and couldn't care less about reality. At least many of the supes 30 yrs ago did the job and knew or tried to know the delivery areas to be able to make sense of dispatches, honoring valued shippers and consignees.
The daily conference calls are much more important that understanding the customer...we don’t work as a cohesive unit even though mgt will swear up and down we do... I’ve seen this first hand while working in feeder.... large customer wants a trailer on property to load into but pkg don’t want to loose the “pieces” to feeder so they have to run 3 drivers in the company to pick everything up and usually have to wait around until the last driver(who’s almost already blown out) get there at 550 and they close at 6.... it’s an absolute joke... and ups said a few years ago they are following trends in the marketplace to be more on top of things but they can’t do the basic things like get a customer a trailer .... it is an absolute shame to see that the most basic things this company trips over agin and again....!!!