9.5 excessive overtime day.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I don't understand why not signing up for 9.5 is bad for people that do sign up for it. why should I give up overtime if I'm ok with it? there's lots of people in america that love getting overtime. like police detectives when they arrest a suspect end up working a 22hour shift and make like 4 grand in a single day. now I'm not saying there's something wrong with you if you don't love overtime, i'm sure it's because you'd rather spend time with your family than make a dollar a minute. but how does me making a dollar a minute hurt you? why can't the demand be, give the 14 hour days to the drivers who want it and give the work life balance to the workers who want that? why do we all have to want the same thing?

Thebrownblob

I don't understand why not signing up for 9.5 is bad for people that do sign up for it. why should I give up overtime if I'm ok with it? there's lots of people in america that love getting overtime. like police detectives when they arrest a suspect end up working a 22hour shift and make like 4 grand in a single day. now I'm not saying there's something wrong with you if you don't love overtime, i'm sure it's because you'd rather spend time with your family than make a dollar a minute. but how does me making a dollar a minute hurt you? why can't the demand be, give the 14 hour days to the drivers who want it and give the work life balance to the workers who want that? why do we all have to want the same thing?
Nothing wrong with your thought process. The problem is the company generally will not comply.