9.5 - First time filing.

Overpaid Union Thug

I had my preloader write a statement for my OJS ride/hearing. Not only did they pull select stops off. They had two preloaders in my truck. Just to make sure it was loaded stop per stop.

That was a great meeting. The labor guys head,looked like it was going to explode.

They stacked the deck against me and barely change my numbers.

They can kiss Gumbys ass.
Boom!
If they want improved performance numbers then they have two choices.....

1. Make sure the trucks are loaded and dispatched in the same manner as an OJS everyday.

2. Do a series of time studies.

Otherwise.......

STFU and leave us alone.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This entire idea of " you will have a target on your back and will be watched" is nothing but sign of weakness from management. There is no true leadership any longer and all that is used now to substitute leadership is Threats and Intimidation.
Come to work every day in proper Uniform. Do the job safely and work by the methods. Dont have late air, mis deliveries,missed pick ups etc( in other words just do the job) and inform management in a timely fashion of any problems that arise.
If you get a Three day OJS do the job as you always do it( if you work every day as if a supe is with you it'll just be another day) . Make CERTAIN to introduce your supe to every customer( this can eat up alot of time very quickly) and take your full hour of lunch.
This job isn't Rocket Science ,so don't put any undue pressure on yourself.I stay on the 9.5 list, I file every single time i go over ( if you dont file every single time prepare to get Arse raped as you will lose all respect in management's eyes) I run at least 2 hours Over a day yet when I am OJS'd i do no better. Management learned awhile back to go after the Low Hanging Fruit and in all honesty I cant remember the last time I my performance was even discussed<shrug>

This entire idea of " you will have a target on your back and will be watched" is nothing but sign of weakness from management. There is no true leadership any longer and all that is used now to substitute leadership is Threats and Intimidation.
Come to work every day in proper Uniform. Do the job safely and work by the methods. Dont have late air, mis deliveries,missed pick ups etc( in other words just do the job) and inform management in a timely fashion of any problems that arise.
If you get a Three day OJS do the job as you always do it( if you work every day as if a supe is with you it'll just be another day) . Make CERTAIN to introduce your supe to every customer( this can eat up alot of time very quickly) and take your full hour of lunch.
This job isn't Rocket Science ,so don't put any undue pressure on yourself.I stay on the 9.5 list, I file every single time i go over ( if you dont file every single time prepare to get Arse raped as you will lose all respect in management's eyes) I run at least 2 hours Over a day yet when I am OJS'd i do no better. Management learned awhile back to go after the Low Hanging Fruit and in all honesty I cant remember the last time I my performance was even discussed<shrug>
Well said.

Overpaid Union Thug

In our district running two hours over triggers a red flag and a series of events.The CMs and OCSs are verbally butt raped by a coward in a $500 suit. Then their frustration is then projected onto the driver via the OJS rides, stalking and harassment (they call it observations), and other nonsense. Being on the 9.5 list and running two hours over seems to intensify the harassment. Those of us that know how, and have the balls, to deal with it rarely get messed with. The rest though...........are miserable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In our district running two hours over triggers a red flag and a series of events.The CMs and OCSs are verbally butt raped by a coward in a $500 suit. Then their frustration is then projected onto the driver via the OJS rides, stalking and harassment (they call it observations), and other nonsense. Being on the 9.5 list and running two hours over seems to intensify the harassment. Those of us that know how, and have the balls, to deal with it rarely get messed with. The rest though...........are miserable.
The reason is because they get chewed out for any under 8 hour planned days. This mean if you're 9.5 and over by 2 hours they are basically getting reemed every day over it.

I know not our problem but that's the reasoning behind it

Faceplanted

I'm on the 9-5 list. Every time I file I get a warning letter for bs, that to me is obvious retaliation for filing, I get threatened with 3 day "lock in" rides, I file for that, I get diad messages I file for for that as well. All harassment. I run good numbers and don't play with this harassment bs because I don't get good dispatches. Any lock in ride is harassment and retaliation all for being on the 9/5 list, not to mention this is an extra contractual agreement and worth it's own grevience.

Make sure you keep a long paper trail of harassment, God forbid you get fired, it's nice to show a long pattern of harassment all because you are on the 9/5 list.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had to file one this am. We have a new steward, and he pulled one out for me. I filled it out, and I couldnt believe how many people were watching, in sheer horror. I enjoyed it.

They all said, Oh boy your gonna be targeted now.
I told them, you will all be targeted one day, learn now.

But they will follow you, set you up, blah blah. My answer, they do it anyway.

And thats called harrassment, and its covered in the contract. Get your book out kiddos, you are going to need it longer than me.

I wish I knew all my career....... what I know now, and YOU can, pay attention...
Yep yep

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They came after me hard. Because when I got on the list,many others followed.
Yep these a holes just can't give you a decent day.. They have to load everybody up like a :censored2: pack mule... Then when you can't get done its your fault ... You didn't grasp the handrail... That's why your over, you talked to 3 customers for an extra 30 seconds that's why you didn't make 9.5...., it should make everyone livid what a corporation can make up to get what they want and how they can mind friend people especially their own mgt...

Yep these a holes just can't give you a decent day.. They have to load everybody up like a :censored2: pack mule... Then when you can't get done its your fault ... You didn't grasp the handrail... That's why your over, you talked to 3 customers for an extra 30 seconds that's why you didn't make 9.5...., it should make everyone livid what a corporation can make up to get what they want and how they can mind friend people especially their own mgt...
I fixed that problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they want improved performance numbers then they have two choices.....

1. Make sure the trucks are loaded and dispatched in the same manner as an OJS everyday.

2. Do a series of time studies.

Otherwise.......

STFU and leave us alone.
Because that would be the right thing to do and the numbers are so inflated that they would have to give us time back so that's not going to happen

undies

A "9.5" day on the route I'm doing only pays about 7 hours by their numbers. I cannot believe it! Then a newbie cover driver comes along and knocks it out of the park and destroys the route, seemingly justifying their metrics. Only difference is that I've got 10 years driving under my belt and I will not run or cut any corners. It's hard, but I know I'm safe as long as I stay consistent and safe.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A "9.5" day on the route I'm doing only pays about 7 hours by their numbers. I cannot believe it! Then a newbie cover driver comes along and knocks it out of the park and destroys the route, seemingly justifying their metrics. Only difference is that I've got 10 years driving under my belt and I will not run or cut any corners. It's hard, but I know I'm safe as long as I stay consistent and safe.
And you know damn good and well they are working through their lunch and skipping breaks and running... I've heard it out of some of these whipper snappers own mouths....this is why I would entertain a 3rd party to come in and independently work up some numbers with input from drivers!!! You would think ups would be jumping all over this but in actuality they would never allow it because it would show big inconsistent issues with their numbers and I would bet the bank that we would make up huge time back.