9.5 - First time filing.

Overpaid Union Thug

Please give details of the grievance. They always threaten the old lock in ride garbage but just in case they try it.....
UPS seldom admits they are production rides. They will claim some other excuse even if it is really about production.
We file on harassment. They are based on the fact that each driver has already been ridden with (S&V Ride) once in the year. If they ride anyway and the truck has an uncharacteristic emaculate load and is missing bulk stops, schools, and apartment complexes then it's obviously meant to be a production ride. We Article 6 that garbage.

We file on harassment. They are based on the fact that each driver has already been ridden with (S&V Ride) once in the year. If they ride anyway and the truck has an uncharacteristic emaculate load and is missing bulk stops, schools, and apartment complexes then it's obviously meant to be a production ride. We Article 6 that garbage.
That's why we all keep a notebook. They love pulling sneaky crap.

Overpaid Union Thug

They also nitpick and the infractions they find would never in a million years account for the "overallowed" they are harassing us for. And they refuse to do a time study even though that would fix their numbers problems. I tell ya they love setting us AND themselves up for failure. Flipping idiots.

They also nitpick and the infractions they find would never in a million years account for the "overallowed" they are harassing us for. And they refuse to do a time study even though that would fix their numbers problems. I tell ya they love setting us AND themselves up for failure. Flipping idiots.
A few years ago they time studied our center. Most of the routes got better numbers but they chose not to use them..what a freaking joke.

My response to that would have been the same as it was when we were told we are not getting time studies here.... "Well then shut the hell up about our over allowed then!"
It's a big joke. I love it when your truck is stuffed from front to back and then they tell you the volume is down.

No kidding cornhole.you replaced my 2/5 lb packages with a hundred lb.one

It's a big joke. I love it when your truck is stuffed from front to back and then they tell you the volume is down.

No kidding cornhole.you replaced my 2/5 lb packages with a hundred lb.one
And they raised the rates on heavy and over sized packages prior to peak season and their even shipping more. Wtf.

Edited post because I misspelled their. :)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Our drivers actually found a note to the pre-load supe, from the on-car supe, to make a package car lighter and have a perfect load for a production ride.

They accidentally left the note on the pen.

Boy, we had some fun with that.

And our stewards still have copies of that note, if they ever want to use a production ride against a driver again.

Which strangely, in the last 4 years since the note was found, we haven't had a production ride in that entire time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Just imagine if everyone did this across the whole country. That's a great practice. I commend you.
True but the thing is this...... UPS keeps records of everything we do throughout the day. They SHOULD know exactly how long we typically take for each and every type of stop. But they pretend they don't. And this is yet another perfect example of why UPS should never have went public.

Our drivers actually found a note to the pre-load supe, from the on-car supe, to make a package car lighter and have a perfect load for a production ride.

They accidentally left the note on the pen.

Boy, we had some fun with that.

And our stewards still have copies of that note, if they ever want to use a production ride against a driver again.

Which strangely, in the last 4 years since the note was found, we haven't had a production ride in that entire time.
I had my preloader write a statement for my OJS ride/hearing. Not only did they pull select stops off. They had two preloaders in my truck. Just to make sure it was loaded stop per stop.

That was a great meeting. The labor guys head,looked like it was going to explode.

They stacked the deck against me and barely change my numbers.

They can kiss Gumbys ass.
Boom!

True but the thing is this...... UPS keeps records of everything we do throughout the day. They SHOULD know exactly how long we typically take for each and every type of stop. But they pretend they don't. And this is yet another perfect example of why UPS should never have went public.
I know but they did go public and we need to make our proper adjustments. You sound like you have.

Don't let them get under your skin. You seem like a me a smart guy who will always rise to the challenge. Take their challenges as a way to measure yourself as a competitor. This is the ups we now are stuck with.

Overpaid Union Thug

I know but they did go public and we need to make our proper adjustments. You sound like you have.

Don't let them get under your skin. You seem like a me a smart guy who will always rise to the challenge. Take their challenges as a way to measure yourself as a competitor. This is the ups we now are stuck with.
They lost their ability to get under my skin a very long time ago. But they will never lose their ability to amaze me.