9.5 for newbies

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We've had 9.5s thrown out because of it. Company claims they could have removed stops or pick ups with that extra time. That our failure to follow the contract Contributed to their failure to dispatch correctly.
That’s ummmmm creative.

Don’t your boards lock for break? So how’s that even possible?

542thruNthru

That’s ummmmm creative.

Don’t your boards lock for break? So how’s that even possible?

People completely skip their lunches here. Managment looks the other way until you get on the 9.5 list. Especially if you have a later pick up. They want the lunch to extend the time you're out there.

Edit: board only locks out for lunch and only if you start a lunch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People completely skip their lunches here. Managment looks the other way until you get on the 9.5 list. Especially if you have a later pick up. They want the lunch to extend the time you're out there.

I thought it locked out because they took an hour out of your pay there no matter what.

The first 9.5 they tried to throw here for not taking break the union would be forcing every driver in the local to take break and stewards would be making sure it happened.

None of this oh it’s ok if it’s good for us :censored2:.

35years

Gravy route
I have filed so many 9.5 grievances I can't count them. I order to be effective, you must:

1. Get in the official list (not a fake manager watch list).

2. File each and every time you have three 9.5s and request the monetary penalty.

3. Demand a hearing if grievances are not paid automatically. Make sure your BA knows you will not let it slide.

4. Demand to be paid at your hearing. The manager will promise they will keep you down. Don't believe him. They will play the "you are not giving us another chance" begging game....Dont fall for it. Your 2nd 9.5 day was their second chance to fix it. DEMAND THE MONITARY PENALTY EVERY TIME. No matter how small it is.

If you follow these 4 steps every time you have a 3 day violation YOU are the one they will take stops off of.

35years

Gravy route
It is not enough to just get on the list, you must file

It is not enough to file if you don't get a hearing.

It is not enough to have a hearing and pull your demand for the monetary penalty because they make promises or beg.

They only care if you hit them in the pocket book every time. At that point the labor manager will instruct your center manager to keep your stops down.

Last edited:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Have you had success with this?
Yes. My route went from about 200 stops to 100. No pickups all resi.

I break whenever I have to use the restroom. I take my 2 10 minute breaks and I take my lunch. I also follow the 340 methods.

When they wanna ride with me and they start talking, I pull the truck over and let them talk. I dont care if I'm on the highway.

Yes. My route went from about 200 stops to 100. No pickups all resi.

I break whenever I have to use the restroom. I take my 2 10 minute breaks and I take my lunch. I also follow the 340 methods.

When they wanna ride with me and they start talking, I pull the truck over and let them talk. I dont care if I'm on the highway.
Sounds like a nice 6 hour day.

Another class action lawsuit in the works?