9.5 for newbies

dogs.bite.me

All CAN opt in. As long as 1 out of 4 criteria is met. But I'm telling you. I've been in center levels where labor will pull up your time card for the week you opted in to see if you were even eligible. If not eligible but you opted in with a steward anyway. Your 9.5 penalty pay grievance will be denied.
This is exactly how I thought it was. Someone tolde to read up on the new contract so I was hoping I was wrong.

542thruNthru

We will find out soon enough, if the company acknowledges the drivers that don't meet the criteria but are still "opted in" to the 9/5 list.
@Brown Biscuit
@542thruNthru
Do you guys have 22.4's actively working yet?
I'd guess ups would say, "no hybrid drivers working yet, so you can't opt in yet."

All our PT covers will automatically qualify for 22.4s. From what the local is saying it will happen fast. Also they only have a set amount of time to do it. So if people actually have to wait it shouldn't be that long, here anyways. I sure in some areas the company will play games but all you need is 1 22.4 created in the building.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
In our center they are treating it as if everybody is automatically 9.5.....junk routes only made during peak are popping up with 7 hour days to get everybody in as early as possible. Started the first or second week of April. Each of the 3 weeks prior to this one I haven't surpassed 42 hours and that's with 5 days on each check. I'm loving it, my body's loving it, my girlfriend's loving it, I really really hope this is the new norm

In our center they are treating it as if everybody is automatically 9.5.....junk routes only made during peak are popping up with 7 hour days to get everybody in as early as possible. Started the first or second week of April. Each of the 3 weeks prior to this one I haven't surpassed 42 hours and that's with 5 days on each check. I'm loving it, my body's loving it, my girlfriend's loving it, I really really hope this is the new norm
Also, we have Saturday ground and are just now training our first 22.4. I am a Saturday guy and they're telling me to expect to be moved back to Mon-Fri by the end of the summer

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

My center has been doing the same thing since peak. I was only over 9.5 once in the past 2 weeks.

My center has been doing the same thing since peak. I was only over 9.5 once in the past 2 weeks.
This is how it should be, man. Morale is the highest I've ever seen, everybody is laughing and happy to be at work cause they know they're not fu**ed.
As a FT cover sometimes I get to do those gravy junk routes that are like 7-8 hour plan. Then usually I end up taking pickups or 10-20 stops off of a neighbor, and we both get back at 6-6:15. Or occasionally nobody needs help and I'm clocked off under 8 and get the guaruntee. It's seriously like a completely different job. Plus I literally could care less what route I'm on because as long as it's under a 9 hour plan you know you will be fine and figure it out and make service. You are not bricked and will have room to get sorted properly and do the Macarena in the isle

542thruNthru

Loaded up with 220 stops. Got help. Still went over. Filing with steward in the morning.

Consistency is the way to friend them. I take my lunch and breaks at the same area/time everyday. I alert them everyday that I believe I'll be over 9.5. When they complain I just say. "I'm alerting you to the problem. It's your job to fix it." Of course they always say it's my fault but in one ear and out the other.

Me personally I never bitch or complain in the morning. Just say I look heavy and walk away then send a msg. (We have to send a msg by 3pm, I don't mean you have too)

We will find out soon enough, if the company acknowledges the drivers that don't meet the criteria but are still "opted in" to the 9/5 list.
@Brown Biscuit
@542thruNthru
Do you guys have 22.4's actively working yet?
I'd guess ups would say, "no hybrid drivers working yet, so you can't opt in yet."
We have no 22.4 (officially) and no plans to get them. To make it simple, we are all on the 9.5 list.