9.5 for newbies

ManInBrown

I have filed so many 9.5 grievances I can't count them. I order to be effective, you must:

1. Get in the official list (not a fake manager watch list).

2. File each and every time you have three 9.5s and request the monetary penalty.

3. Demand a hearing if grievances are not paid automatically. Make sure your BA knows you will not let it slide.

4. Demand to be paid at your hearing. The manager will promise they will keep you down. Don't believe him. They will play the "you are not giving us another chance" begging game....Dont fall for it. Your 2nd 9.5 day was their second chance to fix it. DEMAND THE MONITARY PENALTY EVERY TIME. No matter how small it is.

If you follow these 4 steps every time you have a 3 day violation YOU are the one they will take stops off of.
Bingo. You must do all these steps. Personally I never had to fight one grievance. Got on list, they waited to see if I’d man up and file. Kept me heavy for the next 4 or 5 weeks after opting on. Filed every single time. Got free money every single time. After about 5 or 6 weeks of free money, I was never violated again the rest of my time in package, outside of peak. It was a beautiful thing. There was no better feeling. Sending my pickups to runner gunners hearing them cry thru the grapevine about how they had to cover my pickups and take work off me. Man up people, you’ll be amazed how much easier and more enjoyable the job becomes. But be ready to deal with a lot of temporary harassment.

dogs.bite.me

Brush up on the new contract bud.or read this whole thread.

I've read and re read and when you told me to go re read it again, I did.

Can you explain this to me?

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full- time package driver.

ManInBrown

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full- time package driver.
What don’t you understand? If you’re a bid driver who has a route, you can opt on. If your route gets cut once a week it does not matter. You’re a bid driver. You can opt on.

If you’re a cover driver you have to request a route for a week. Let’s say Wednesday you come in and they say company needs, we need to you do this route today, it doesn’t matter. That does not affect your eligibility to opt in. It’s a little trick they play. They’ll pull you off your requested route for one day, so you don’t cover it for the entire week. Not allowed. You can still opt on.

Third you have four years seniority, and are at top pay. Bid driver, or cover. Doesn’t matter. Get violated, opt on.

dogs.bite.me

What don’t you understand? If you’re a bid driver who has a route, you can opt on. If your route gets cut once a week it does not matter. You’re a bid driver. You can opt on.

If you’re a cover driver you have to request a route for a week. Let’s say Wednesday you come in and they say company needs, we need to you do this route today, it doesn’t matter. That does not affect your eligibility to opt in. It’s a little trick they play. They’ll pull you off your requested route for one day, so you don’t cover it for the entire week. Not allowed. You can still opt on.

Third you have four years seniority, and are at top pay. Bid driver, or cover. Doesn’t matter. Get violated, opt on.

I get that. If I don't fulfill any of those?

ManInBrown

I get that. If I don't fulfill any of those?
How would you not fulfill any of those? They basically cover everyone. The only scenario where you wouldn’t fulfill one is if you’re brand new and haven’t gained seniority yet, or you don’t work everyday which is only your fault. If you’re a FT package car driver who has attained seniority you’re guaranteed 8 hours everyday.

dogs.bite.me

How would you not fulfill any of those? They basically cover everyone. The only scenario where you wouldn’t fulfill one is if you’re brand new and haven’t gained seniority yet, or you don’t work everyday which is only your fault. If you’re a FT package car driver who has attained seniority you’re guaranteed 8 hours everyday.

We have a number of drivers where I work who are full-time who have to work preload and local sort to get their hours. They are on the 9.5 list. Sometimes they work all week driving but they aren’t scheduled that way. They are coving unplanned call-ins. That was the point of my posting saying that you have to fulfill the criteria posted above and somebody told me that I was wrong and needed to re-read the contract. I’m happy to be wrong I just want to understand.

ManInBrown

We have a number of drivers where I work who are full-time who have to work preload and local sort to get their hours. They are on the 9.5 list. Sometimes they work all week driving but they aren’t scheduled that way. They are coving unplanned call-ins. That was the point of my posting saying that you have to fulfill the criteria posted above and somebody told me that I was wrong and needed to re-read the contract. I’m happy to be wrong I just want to understand.
Sorry, I’m lost. We don’t have drivers in my local who work preload to get their hours. No clue.

542thruNthru

We are talking about this in Article 22 section 4.

Screenshot_20190508-163809_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You don't have to meet those requirements when you have 22.4s in your building.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
22.4s will be utilized in my building. Therefore every RPCD has the choice to go on the list whether they meet one, none, or all of those criteria.

542thruNthru

My BA says all FT can opt in.

Now whether they are protected by it is a different issue. I would say they could be on the list and somehow not fulfill that criteria and then the 9.5 list wouldn't apply at that time.

I'm guessing your supplement has some sort of 9.5 language with no penalty. Like the central and Western region has.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
My BA says all FT can opt in.

Now whether they are protected by it is a different issue. I would say they could be on the list and somehow not fulfill that criteria and then the 9.5 list wouldn't apply at that time.
All CAN opt in. As long as 1 out of 4 criteria is met. But I'm telling you. I've been in center levels where labor will pull up your time card for the week you opted in to see if you were even eligible. If not eligible but you opted in with a steward anyway. Your 9.5 penalty pay grievance will be denied.

Poop Head

Judge me.
All CAN opt in. As long as 1 out of 4 criteria is met. But I'm telling you. I've been in center levels where labor will pull up your time card for the week you opted in to see if you were even eligible. If not eligible but you opted in with a steward anyway. Your 9.5 penalty pay grievance will be denied.
We will find out soon enough, if the company acknowledges the drivers that don't meet the criteria but are still "opted in" to the 9/5 list.
@Brown Biscuit
@542thruNthru
Do you guys have 22.4's actively working yet?
I'd guess ups would say, "no hybrid drivers working yet, so you can't opt in yet."