9.5 for newbies

Rack em

Made the Podium
Still some confusion in my building about cover drivers being able to make the list when the company is utilizing 22.4s. It’s clear as day to me. They are telling the cover guys no. Luckily I won a bid route, so yes long story short I’m on the list now...but not because of the new contract.

The language in this contract sucked big time.
It's sickening
The language is clear in Article 22 Section 12

"Article 37 Section 1b and c shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, section 1c protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

The only way the company has a fighting chance on this is if 22.4 aren't delivering on weekends. Otherwise ANY RPCD can get on the 9.5 list whenever they want.

The language is clear in Article 22 Section 12

"Article 37 Section 1b and c shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, section 1c protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

The only way the company has a fighting chance on this is if 22.4 aren't delivering on weekends. Otherwise ANY RPCD can get on the 9.5 list whenever they want.
That's not what I'm talking about. The language doesn't cover RPCD that doesn't work on Mondays due to the lack of volume
You can not give this company a loophole on anything .

Rack em

Made the Podium
That's not what I'm talking about. The language doesn't cover RPCD that doesn't work on Mondays due to the lack of volume
You can not give this company a loophole on anything .
Oh believe me I know. I argued with the labor manager before because I was given a 14+ hour dispatch on a Friday with splits all over and there was SIX drivers laid off. I filed for the penalty pay and she argued that the language only applies if it's "retaliation for being on the 9.5 list." I wasn't able to prove it was retaliation so I lost.

Oh believe me I know. I argued with the labor manager before because I was given a 14+ hour dispatch on a Friday with splits all over and there was SIX drivers laid off. I filed for the penalty pay and she argued that the language only applies if it's "retaliation for being on the 9.5 list." I wasn't able to prove it was retaliation so I lost.
Vote the entire board out.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a 9.5 grievance that has been pushed back 4 or 5 times now. I don't know what else they need to make a decision damn it!

Exactly. All of us that grieved are on the 9/5 list, a cursory glance of the timecards for that week shows that 6 of us worked 3 days over and 1 worked 4 days over. Steward suggested that 2 of the grievances are being tossed because they were not filled out properly and suggested the rest are heading for a panel. I have no clue why a panel is needed, but whatever.

Exactly. All of us that grieved are on the 9/5 list, a cursory glance of the timecards for that week shows that 6 of us worked 3 days over and 1 worked 4 days over. Steward suggested that 2 of the grievances are being tossed because they were not filled out properly and suggested the rest are heading for a panel. I have no clue why a panel is needed, but whatever.
This should have been automatic under the best contract ever

barnyard

KTM rider
This should have been automatic under the best contract ever

My 1st 9/5 grievance was. I filed on Friday morning, on Wednesday, the penalty payment was listed on UPSers and on Friday, I received a check. I heard via the feeder news network, that a building near me, all the drivers are on the 9/5 list and they all were over every day of prime week and that the company is fighting those too.

Rack em

Made the Podium
My 1st 9/5 grievance was. I filed on Friday morning, on Wednesday, the penalty payment was listed on UPSers and on Friday, I received a check. I heard via the feeder news network, that a building near me, all the drivers are on the 9/5 list and they all were over every day of prime week and that the company is fighting those too.
Fighting the language they agreed to?

It's not our fault that the company doesn't have enough people. We had drivers on the 9.5 list run out of hours during Prime week.