9.5 for newbies

Bob11B

My center has been doing the same thing since peak. I was only over 9.5 once in the past 2 weeks.
Same here. I opted out of 9.5 for personal reasons...(baby on the way, I am money hungry and have goals of paying off my house in 5 years, etc) and have gotten about 10.5 everyday this week), preciously, I was under 9.5 until this week...I’m
Happy and want the hours.

542thruNthru

My 9.5 has been violated every single day this week. Pay me UPS.

Also remember you get paid time and a 1/2 for the hours worked after 9.5 on the violated days. Yes its triple time but what you are owed is only time and a 1/2 more then what you were already paid.

Lots of people don't realize that and get upset.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also remember you get paid time and a 1/2 for the hours worked after 9.5 on the violated days. Yes its triple time but what you are owed is only time and a 1/2 more then what you were already paid.

Lots of people don't realize that and get upset.
Are you saying that people think they're gonna get 3x their ot rate?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Are you saying that people think they're gonna get 3x their ot rate?
I think he's saying people will expect a check for triple time their hourly rate, but they were already paid time and a half so the grievance check will only be for time and a half as well.

542thruNthru

I think he's saying people will expect a check for triple time their hourly rate, but they were already paid time and a half so the grievance check will only be for time and a half as well.

Thanks you. I was having trouble getting the words out correctly.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Update:

Grievance denied. Stewards are backtracking all of a sudden and saying “something was rewritten or something” and that in fact nothing has changed as far as meeting 1 of the 4 requirements that were in place before this contract. I specifically remember that being a major selling point with the 22.4s being utilized, EVERYONE will be able to opt-in. Probably still have the propaganda they mailed out for a yes vote.
Called my local business agent for clarification but he’s definitely gone for the weekend. Smh, in the end UPS and the union is just going to do whatever they want. Who cares I guess just don’t let the check bounce that’s all that matters to me anymore.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Update:

Grievance denied. Stewards are backtracking all of a sudden and saying “something was rewritten or something” and that in fact nothing has changed as far as meeting 1 of the 4 requirements that were in place before this contract. I specifically remember that being a major selling point with the 22.4s being utilized, EVERYONE will be able to opt-in. Probably still have the propaganda they mailed out for a yes vote.
Called my local business agent for clarification but he’s definitely gone for the weekend. Smh, in the end UPS and the union is just going to do whatever they want. Who cares I guess just don’t let the check bounce that’s all that matters to me anymore.

You are a RPCD correct?
You are in a building that has Saturday Ground Delivery correct?

Who "denied" your grievance and what was the actual reason given?

Either way June 5th is right around the corner and the union will have to circulate a 9.5 list on that date.