9.5 for newbies

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All our PT covers will automatically qualify for 22.4s. From what the local is saying it will happen fast. Also they only have a set amount of time to do it. So if people actually have to wait it shouldn't be that long, here anyways. I sure in some areas the company will play games but all you need is 1 22.4 created in the building.
No joke. 1 driver got one for calling in a " in EDD not found", not in the methods...

A bunch got warning letters for "using all of sick days"... not sure how that works

Lol literally

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You from a big center? Seeing a 22.4 is like seeing a UFO

I’m in a city with millions of people. There are at least 10 centers in my building that I can think of just off the top. My buddy signed the bid sheet back in January. UPS has been chomping at the bits for months to get these guys going.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m in a city with millions of people. There are at least 10 centers in my building that I can think of just off the top. My buddy signed the bid sheet back in January. UPS has been chomping at the bits for months to get these guys going.
Call your local president and tell him your business agent isn't properly representing you and you will file labor charges. It's under article 22 section 4.12

"12. Article 37, Section 1 (b) and (c) shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the Company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37 Section 1 (c) 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

The only way they can get around this is if the 22.4 drivers aren't working Saturday's, but that would mean the company isn't utilizing them the way that was agreed to and that is another grievance.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Call your local president and tell him your business agent isn't properly representing you and you will file labor charges. It's under article 22 section 4.12

"12. Article 37, Section 1 (b) and (c) shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the Company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37 Section 1 (c) 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

The only way they can get around this is if the 22.4 drivers aren't working Saturday's, but that would mean the company isn't utilizing them the way that was agreed to and that is another grievance.
I think the language is crystal clear on this one.
If they do not have a trained and qualified 22.4 employee working they do not have to switch to an opt-out list. Someone will qualify and go 22.4 or maybe even change jobs very soon, the opt-out list will kick into play then. Just give it another week or two.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
So you on the 9.5 list now?
Still some confusion in my building about cover drivers being able to make the list when the company is utilizing 22.4s. It’s clear as day to me. They are telling the cover guys no. Luckily I won a bid route, so yes long story short I’m on the list now...but not because of the new contract.