9.5 for under 4 drivers

OKLABob

ive been driving for about 2 years now and I filed a grievance for 3 9.5s in a work week. Will the grievance be paid or not? I’m confused people at my center say no but aren’t for sure.

35years

Gravy route
Are you willing to follow up with your BA, or do you expect the money to just float to you?

You have to be diligent.

If you are a typical young driver who is to lazy to follow up you wont get paid.

If you a tough sob who files and follows up every time you will be the one who gets his stops cut back and his grievances paid.

But you have to have a thick skin and consistent methods.

OKLABob

Are you willing to follow up with your BA, or do you expect the money to just float to you?

You have to be diligent.

If you are a typical young driver who is to lazy to follow up you wont get paid.

If you a tough sob who files and follows up every time you will be the one who gets his stops cut back and his grievances paid.

But you have to have a thick skin and consistent methods.
Not lazy man I actually don’t mind the extra work I wouldn’t tell them that but if there extra money on the table by filing a grievance I’ll do it. I filed one about 2 weeks ago just didn’t know how long the process went. Punched out at 830 the last 2 nights I’ll be 9.5ing that ass again tomorrow don’t care how many stops I got.

DeliveryMachine

Not lazy man I actually don’t mind the extra work I wouldn’t tell them that but if there extra money on the table by filing a grievance I’ll do it. I filed one about 2 weeks ago just didn’t know how long the process went. Punched out at 830 the last 2 nights I’ll be 9.5ing that ass again tomorrow don’t care how many stops I got.
If you don’t mind the extra work, stop filing 9.5. You’re sending a message you don’t want any extra work

OKLABob

I’m on the list. I wasn’t saying I want to work extra hours that’s not what I meant I’ll take what they give me but if they screw me more then 2 days then of course I’m going to file.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
ive been driving for about 2 years now and I filed a grievance for 3 9.5s in a work week. Will the grievance be paid or not? I’m confused people at my center say no but aren’t for sure.
Depends on several factors.
A. Did you run same route all week?
B. Did you bid on a route for the week and then maybe have to run random stuff thru the week?
C. Did they bid all routes that were available that you could have bid on to run same said route?
If yes to any of the above you will be paid. If not probably not. It’s important to note in your grievance if routes weren’t bid in order to win the 9.5 grievance.

OKLABob

It was a weekly bid I ran the same route all week long. My supervisor even told my shop steward he gives me more work then the regular driver because I am young.