9.5 grievance pay

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
Anyone gotten a check for 9.5 grievance pay under the new on contract yet? Contract simply says " can pay up to 3x rate" very unclear about which guitar I should buy. Am I gonna buy the real deal or the knock off

iowa boy

It technically pays at 3x now, but since you already got paid time and a half for those hours over 8, you only get time and a half for all hours over 9.5. I just got paid for 5 weeks worth of 9.5 grievances and was told that once you are violated on the third day, they have to pay for all hours over 9.5 for that week, not just the three days you were violated. So it can be very lucrative if you are violated every week like I have been.

Superteeth2478

It technically pays at 3x now, but since you already got paid time and a half for those hours over 8, you only get time and a half for all hours over 9.5. I just got paid for 5 weeks worth of 9.5 grievances and was told that once you are violated on the third day, they have to pay for all hours over 9.5 for that week, not just the three days you were violated. So it can be very lucrative if you are violated every week like I have been.
Be honest, you LIKE being violated don't you, you dirty boy?

tramtwo

ALL overtime OVER 9.5 paid at 1.5 for the week violated. Must be filed for... SHOULD have been automatic in our contract. Imagine how serious the company would be in eliminating the excessive overtime. I'm sure Teamsters, who don't file, are leaving millions a week on the table.

Last edited:

mrbrownstone

I recently hit top rate and have yet to file a grievance. The past several months were pretty good but it seems to be going down hill all of the sudden in my center. I have 2 9.5s this week. I was under 9.5 today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

This may be my 1st grievance and as far as I’m concerned they can go pound sand.

542thruNthru

I recently hit top rate and have yet to file a grievance. The past several months were pretty good but it seems to be going down hill all of the sudden in my center. I have 2 9.5s this week. I was under 9.5 today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

This may be my 1st grievance and as far as I’m concerned they can go pound sand.

Best thing anyone on the 9.5 list can do is file the first time they are violated. It really sends a msg.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I filed last week, our Ba told me he doesn’t know if it will stick because the route I ran was in all week except Monday when they cut it so he doesn’t think it will could since it wasn’t a full week on it. Shouldn’t be my fault they cut the route but regardless we will see. They are sneaky here unless you have a bid route they will just rename a route and say the one you ran all week 4days straight is cut on Friday or something.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I filed last week, our Ba told me he doesn’t know if it will stick because the route I ran was in all week except Monday when they cut it so he doesn’t think it will could since it wasn’t a full week on it. Shouldn’t be my fault they cut the route but regardless we will see. They are sneaky here unless you have a bid route they will just rename a route and say the one you ran all week 4days straight is cut on Friday or something.
Your BA is weak! That's a slam dunk grievance here.

barnyard

KTM rider
Must be filed for... SHOULD have been automatic in our contract.

You file for it and are automatically paid. I filed on a Friday and my penalty pay was given to me the following Friday. 9/5 penalty pay is paid via a live check, not direct deposit.

There is supposed to be an automatic hearing after the 3rd penalty pay grievance and management is supposed explain what steps they are taking to eliminate 9/5 grievances.

ManInBrown

I could never understood how they factored 9.5 grievance pay. All I know is I got a bunch of checks over the course of my last 2 years in package that ranged from $140.00 to $250.00. It’s such a great feeling getting those checks. Not only is it free money, but you’re sending a message that will hopefully eventually make your life easier if your management team has brains, and the proper staffing. For me it did end eventually. My last year and a half in package I was probably over 9.5 on average about once a week.