9.5 grievance pay

BUCN85

It technically pays at 3x now, but since you already got paid time and a half for those hours over 8, you only get time and a half for all hours over 9.5. I just got paid for 5 weeks worth of 9.5 grievances and was told that once you are violated on the third day, they have to pay for all hours over 9.5 for that week, not just the three days you were violated. So it can be very lucrative if you are violated every week like I have been.
I was going to ask that if it was paid out for just the third day violated. So only an hr. But it’s nice to know it’s paid out for all 3 days or more

Overpaid Union Thug

You file for it and are automatically paid. I filed on a Friday and my penalty pay was given to me the following Friday. 9/5 penalty pay is paid via a live check, not direct deposit.

There is supposed to be an automatic hearing after the 3rd penalty pay grievance and management is supposed explain what steps they are taking to eliminate 9/5 grievances.

I wish our process was that fast. It always takes months to get penalty pay here. Or longer. Our local supposedly has a good reputation (so they claim) but we just don’t see it in our building.

542thruNthru

Everyone!! Lol

giphy-55.gif

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
@BigUnionGuy i would like to know what o can tell him to fight for it. A couple people here said if a route is cut Monday and you are on it 4days in the week 9.5 should matter for that route for that week. Any tips? Info? Etc.. @542thruNthru you kinda useful too whatchu say mate?

542thruNthru

@BigUnionGuy i would like to know what o can tell him to fight for it. A couple people here said if a route is cut Monday and you are on it 4days in the week 9.5 should matter for that route for that week. Any tips? Info? Etc.. @542thruNthru you kinda useful too whatchu say mate?

Are you under 4 years seniority? Do you guys have 22.4s?

Here it wouldn't matter what route you did through out the week. If you're over 4 years seniority or as we do have 22.4s working you can file for going over 9.5 3 days in a work week.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Are you under 4 years seniority? Do you guys have 22.4s?

Here it wouldn't matter what route you did through out the week. If you're over 4 years seniority or as we do have 22.4s working you can file for going over 9.5 3 days in a work week.
I got 1yrs left 3rd year driving. And no we don’t have Saturday ground so no 22.4 probably won’t even get them from
What I hear.

542thruNthru

I got 1yrs left 3rd year driving. And no we don’t have Saturday ground so no 22.4 probably won’t even get them from
What I hear.

Were you assigned that route or bid it the week before?

Seems to me that if you bid/assigned to the route and they moved you because they cut it you should still be able to file.

Some locals make their own rules for 9.5

Here once you're on the list it doesn't matter what route you do. You're on it.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Were you assigned that route or bid it the week before?

Seems to me that if you bid/assigned to the route and they moved you because they cut it you should still be able to file.

Some locals make their own rules for 9.5

Here once you're on the list it doesn't matter what route you do. You're on it.
Bid the route for the but they cut it on Monday. So I went over 3days I filed and the BA pulled it bc he said I won’t win which rubbed me the wrong way since he basically didn’t try. He said the company always argues that since Monday I didn’t run it, it doesn’t count as a full week. My argument to him was that they have been known to just change the name of a route so unless you have a assigned route everyday your 9.5 basically means nothing. All the union stewards agreed with be except out Ba soooo yea

Overpaid Union Thug

Bid the route for the but they cut it on Monday. So I went over 3days I filed and the BA pulled it bc he said I won’t win which rubbed me the wrong way since he basically didn’t try. He said the company always argues that since Monday I didn’t run it, it doesn’t count as a full week. My argument to him was that they have been known to just change the name of a route so unless you have a assigned route everyday your 9.5 basically means nothing. All the union stewards agreed with be except out Ba soooo yea

Unfortunately the language STILL isn’t strong enough to adequately work for everyone. If your supplement/local says you are supposed to bid routes the week before, but your center doesn’t, I highly suggest you file on it. Thats so you can possibly bid on a more stable route (if you have the juice) the week before. And it would stop higher seniority drivers from bumping you randomly and knocking you out of 9.5 protection.

ManInBrown

You file for it and are automatically paid. I filed on a Friday and my penalty pay was given to me the following Friday. 9/5 penalty pay is paid via a live check, not direct deposit.

There is supposed to be an automatic hearing after the 3rd penalty pay grievance and management is supposed explain what steps they are taking to eliminate 9/5 grievances.
Same here. Never waited more than 2 weeks for a 9.5 check. Like clockwork. Called in office, or right at PCM to sign off for check.