9.5 list is the greatest thing ever

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
1395667287.gif
lmfao.

O

OLDMAN3

Over 30 years for me also, some of it part time. I was well on my way to saving millions and retiring early.
But my wife and I realized early on that her staying home with the kids was worth far more to our family, and we never regretted it.
I have to agree that the 9.5 list with the triple time teeth has fundamentally changed the job for the better.
For some of us with a wife and kids, this is the greatest change in our careers at UPS...period.

aiian

^ I'm sure dude really thinks education ends with an M.

At 55 I'll have 34 in. It's quite a ways down the road but I can't see myself hanging around one more year. Specially if I'm still driving a PC.

And yes... the 9.5 list is nice. Not that it helped with dispatch but the grievance checks are a nice bonus.

This new "curfew" blows all of that out of the water though. If it weren't for my 18OO pickups I'd be in at 172O every day.

O

OLDMAN3

After they paid me a few 9.5 checks, they wised up... I have not had a week with three 9.5 days all summer. My dispatch has fallen by 20% and I have more 7 1/2 hour days (8 hours paid) than 9+ hour days. I am actually enjoying my job. I hope it lasts, but if not triple time pay is a nice consolation prize.

O

OLDMAN3

I know a feeder driver who always said 25 and out, no way I am staying. He got used to the toys etc. and ended up staying 38 years. I don't doubt you will go early jumpman, but life sometimes throws a curve-ball and you have to adjust.

I know a feeder driver who always said 25 and out, no way I am staying. He got used to the toys etc. and ended up staying 38 years. I don't doubt you will go early jumpman, but life sometimes throws a curve-ball and you have to adjust.
Sometimes you gotta to roll with the punches.

O

OLDMAN3

Have 10 left till 55 but will have my peer 80 in 7. Those 3 extra years will boost pension by $1200 or more a mo.
We really need to have pension equity for all drivers. It really is not fair that some can get so much more, or go so much earlier.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Never say never, your right dude, couldn't agree more.