9.5 Peak?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
For the first time in the history of UPS peaks, my center cut routes today. There's numerous guys sitting at home....in December.
I think you will find out later today that the seasonal drivers got loaded down like crazy though. Maybe you will get a green light to pull stops off of them at 8 hours.

DOK

Never thought I'd see a peak where I was looking for more hours, but here we are. I had two 8 hour days this week. 43 hours for the M-friend although we're working Saturday to stay ahead of it.

Same week last year I worked just shy of 60 hours.
Don’t expect any more hours after peak.

Word coming down from above no one is to be over 9.5 after the new year. Hire whoever you need to put in all the routes you need. No one over!!!!

All until the dismal earnings report January 21st or so.....

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
For the first time in the history of UPS peaks, my center cut routes today. There's numerous guys sitting at home....in December.

I've been in my pajamas all day playing fetch with my dog. My wife texted me and asked "wtf is going on? They're laying people off? Two weeks before Christmas?!?"

JL 0513

Wth is going on

Center manager received info that volume is down 12% for everyone (UPS, FEDEX, USPS). Not sure how this could be possible since it was predicted to be the biggest spending Christmas in history (over $1 trillion for the first time) in the best economy in history.

This is aside from the massive push UPS made in over resourcing this peak.