9.5 violations

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We got paid so fast for 9.5 grievances, we would file and two weeks later we would get paid. Then I read stories on here of drivers filing and six months later nothing. I know inside the hub grievances take forever because I was talking to the hub steward a few weeks ago and he said he’s got pending from 2 years ago.
Some center managers fight every grievance, even 9.5 knowing they will lose. They don't care if they look like an idiot as long as they drag it out. They just feel the need to fight everything looking like a fool. Our former center manager would get in an argument at a wal mart checkout that would end up on YouTube. Its embarrassing how these fools act sometimes.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I agree, was just being a jackass. I’m the same way, I go out and enjoy my route. Have an AirPod in so I can listen to music and am more than pleasant with my customers. Never let this place get to you, it isn’t worth it.
Same. My route is a town route, lots of stops but there's a skate park and a playground I meet my family at for lunch in the summer and an ice rink in the winter. There's a large body of water I can take a quick lunch time dip in and continue my work. I appreciate those added opportunities to see my family while at work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some center managers fight every grievance, even 9.5 knowing they will lose. They don't care if they look like an idiot as long as they drag it out. They just feel the need to fight everything looking like a fool. Our former center manager would get in an argument at a wal mart checkout that would end up on YouTube. Its embarrassing how these fools act sometimes.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
1677384178915.gif

@burrheadd

UPSER1987

It is a rite of passage for every new FT driver to buy a $70,000+ truck just for it in the parking lot ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. You would be committing a cardinal sin by not doing so.
Don’t forget he has to stretch a 7 hour day over 9.5 to be able to afford it lol…so he drives it even less. So stupid.

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
Don’t forget he has to stretch a 7 hour day over 9.5 to be able to afford it lol…so he drives it even less. So stupid.
Some drivers like to milk, some can be genuinely heavy. In either case, why spend all that money on something you won't use often, or at least to maximum potential? Kind of like those guys you see on the highway in an expensive Porsche 911 going 55 MPH.. Absolute waste of money.

R1wonder

It is a rite of passage for every new FT driver to buy a $70,000+ truck just for it in the parking lot ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. You would be committing a cardinal sin by not doing so.
Why’s everyone hating on trucks ? My truck isn’t 70 grand , but I need a truck . It pulls my toys

TarAndFeathers

Why’s everyone hating on trucks ? My truck isn’t 70 grand , but I need a truck . It pulls my toys
Absolutely nothing wrong with owning a truck, it's more of buying an unnecessarily expensive truck with a $800+ car note just so you can drive it work, leave it in the parking lot all day, and then go home and repeat that 5-6 days a week.

Most of the folks in particular, don't tow anything, and they don't haul either. It just looks good to be seen driving a $70k truck.

Like the guys driving brand new Porsches going 55 on the highway, you might as well be driving a Honda at that point, instead of wasting all of that money to buy a "performance car" and drive it like it's a VW Bug. But most of the people that own one just own it to be seen in it.

TarAndFeathers

True story, I was driving in a neighborhood where I used to work, and this area is the hood now, the houses aren't in the best of shape and it's getting worse over time. There is this house that is older and not looking too good.

What is sitting in the driveway? A Lamborghini Murcielago, a $300k car. And the next time I go by there, it's under a car cover.

Spend all that money on that car, just to let it sit in the garage, or driveway, instead of using that money to maybe fix up, or get a better house? It's mind boggling.