A/C

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
If its below 0 outside i only turn my truck off if im going inside a business or delivering apartments. Never been talked to about it ever.
We had one driver last winter that our On Road pulled him into the office and said "Why do you keep having 5 or 6 recording in idles" etc. That day he had 5 again...Center Manager wanted to give him a warning letter.

Thebrownblob

We had one driver last winter that our On Road pulled him into the office and said "Why do you keep having 5 or 6 recording in idles" etc. That day he had 5 again...Center Manager wanted to give him a warning letter.
A couple years ago they were hot and heavy about it. I didn’t hear anything about it this year and I don’t really think I ever shut my truck off on those cold days. Even if they would’ve said something, I would’ve ignored it I’m not freezing to death for them.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
God, I hate winter
Had one day this last winter where my truck never read above -13. Zero recording while idle.
Work as directed. Was I way over allowed that day? You bet your booty. I'll shut the truck off, but I'm going to make sure I warm up, my windshield is clear, and I'm hydrated. I'll take the OT.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1686922077687.png

Trucker Clock

Management laughing at this waste of a contract proposal...

Not necessarily. UPS could have agreed to this to keep the Union from pushing to retro-fit all package cars with A/C. This proposal could be a concession from UPS in and of itself, on this issue only, not affecting any other negotiations.

We will see.