A Call to Arms

tieguy

Banned
You don't even have the sense you were born with. You're making ridiculous assumptions about my personal life in almost every post you make. This is part of the reason I ignored you for months on end, you make outlandish assaults and assumptions on people's person. You brazenly mock people and often stoop to the level of shouting empty stereotypes that have no foundation. Managers should be thoroughly embarrassed by your voice and presence on this website. It stands for one track mind thinking, ignorance and the ever-present "do as i say, not as i do" attitude that so many bad managers have at UPS. You look for the worst in union employees, this much is L

Okay thats fair I suppose. So lets see Call to arms is the term you used?
like lets mobolize our forces against the union and the company?

Not lets mobolize our forces to earn our money.
not lets mobolize our forces to win more business to create more jobs.
Not let mobolize our forces to provide the best service we can and oh by the way fill out some grievances if you see the company violating the contract while your trying to provide the best union service possible?

nope instead the gist of your post was clearly lets mobolize our forces against the company and the union if the union does not do their job.

I stand by my points made earlier. Guys like you who want to boss the boss have other serious issues that make you the way you are.

The guys you despise are the guys that actually believe they owe the company for their living.

filthpig

You don't even have the sense you were born with. You're making ridiculous assumptions about my personal life in almost every post you make. This is part of the reason I ignored you for months on end, you make outlandish assaults and assumptions on people's person. You brazenly mock people and often stoop to the level of shouting empty stereotypes that have no foundation. Managers should be thoroughly embarrassed by your voice and presence on this website. It stands for one track mind thinking, ignorance and the ever-present "do as i say, not as i do" attitude that so many bad managers have at UPS. You look for the worst in union employees, this much is clear from your posts, so what delusional state are you in that leads you to believe you have the high ground here?

You have no idea what kind of a person I am. You might think you know, because of your prejudice, but you have no idea. Money isn't everything, which is probably why I won't be around to collect my pension from UPS. Like I said before, I'm a right fighter, I stand up to scumbags like yourself whenever you feel the need to posture up at me. I'm not afraid to lose this job and that makes me dangerous, you guys depend on being able to dangle the employment carrot in front of these peoples faces. That flag doesn't fly around these parts, you're either going to do what's right or you'll suffer the consequences. Simple as that.

"...I'm not afraid to lose this job and that makes me dangerous..."
?!?!?!
What the hell are you talking about? So you're willing to throw yourself under the bus for some guy who probably had it coming anyway? Whatever.You're only kidding yourself if you think it means a hill of beans to UPS or the union if you get yourself canned. Believe me pal, they don't care. You're not that important. I would concentrate more on keeping my job instead of seeing how many people I can piss off each day. If you don't like your job, then go to night school and get another one.

filthpig

you are an idiot, you should have never used those names, you are a racist.
What names? I didn't call anyone a name. So I should have used names that obviously referred to anglo saxons? Is it ok to poke fun at white folks? Well, I' just call 'em like I see 'em. And I see 'em not doing squat.

Griff

The guys you despise are the guys that actually believe they owe the company for their living.

Oh I see, so skipping your lunch, not filing grievances, working before your start-time, suffering in silence instead of taking action are all chalked up as allegiance and loyalty to UPS? I see where you're coming from now. Because UPS cuts me a paycheck at the end of every week, I should now disregard the fact that I'm a union employee with specific rights. Because UPS pays my medical benefit I should ignore the fact I have constitutional rights afforded to me as an American citizen. Because UPS pays my dental insurance, I should obviously suffer in silence and allow people to walk all over me and my coworkers. Because UPS pays into my pension, I should now ignore the fact that both sides have agreed to a contract and neither party seems very eager to uphold it? I don't think so Tieguy, like I said before, I'm not buying your brand.

I owe this company nothing at the end of the day. I come into work on time, I go out and give it my all. I go above and beyond the expectations for service to customers and try to be as helpful as possible. I'm compensated fairly for my labor and I go home. That is the extent of my relationship when it comes to UPS, this isn't my life and I never plan on having UPS or the Teamsters define who I am as a person. Save the brainwashing techniques for simple minded fools who don't have critical thinking skills, thanks in advance.

#1angelfan

What names? I didn't call anyone a name. So I should have used names that obviously referred to anglo saxons? Is it ok to poke fun at white folks? Well, I' just call 'em like I see 'em. And I see 'em not doing squat.
are you talking about everyone or just the black people you mentioned, because i sure don't know any white people with those names.

Griff

What the hell are you talking about? So you're willing to throw yourself under the bus for some guy who probably had it coming anyway? Whatever.You're only kidding yourself if you think it means a hill of beans to UPS or the union if you get yourself canned. Believe me pal, they don't care. You're not that important. I would concentrate more on keeping my job instead of seeing how many people I can piss off each day. If you don't like your job, then go to night school and get another one.

That's always the answer isn't it. You have a problem with UPS, why dont you just quit. What a unique concept, I've never heard that one before. It just so happens that I actually enjoy what I do for a living, I just hate the stupidity and mistreatment that I see everyday in the building before I get to leave.

Your attitude is exactly the one that I campaign against. You won't even stand up for yourself, much less the guy next to you. You also carry a prejudice, much like Tieguy, you automatically assume guilt because a person is targeted. You know nothing of the circumstances, but guess what, he probably had it coming! You're a disgrace to the union and humanity in general.

filthpig

That's always the answer isn't it. You have a problem with UPS, why dont you just quit. What a unique concept, I've never heard that one before. It just so happens that I actually enjoy what I do for a living, I just hate the stupidity and mistreatment that I see everyday in the building before I get to leave.

Your attitude is exactly the one that I campaign against. You won't even stand up for yourself, much less the guy next to you. You also carry a prejudice, much like Tieguy, you automatically assume guilt because a person is targeted. You know nothing of the circumstances, but guess what, he probably had it coming! You're a disgrace to the union and humanity in general.
Apparently someone kicked this guy's dog or something. I hope he doesn't work in my hub, because he sounds like he pretty much hates everyone. Griff, have you ever considered a career with the Postal Service?

local804

Apparently someone kicked this guy's dog or something. I hope he doesn't work in my hub, because he sounds like he pretty much hates everyone. Griff, have you ever considered a career with the Postal Service?

You think from his posts he hates everyone? I only see hate from 1 person on this thread, and its not him.

cantwin69

.....The guy is probably just wanting to get done and is tired of watching Daiquon talk to LaTakweefwa instead of pulling his cage.
Some people just think about this crap too much.

You're kidding right? I hope so ,because that sounds pretty racist to me. You sounded pretty upset and stated the fact that it's OK for people to make fun of whites and you're upset you can't do it towards blacks. I didn't, or haven't, seen any posts on here poking fun of whites. I haven't seen any posts, other than yours, making fun of blacks either. If you were just trying to be funny it didn't work. You make yourself out to be a fool! You're a dying breed you know!

tieguy

Banned
Oh I see, so skipping your lunch, not filing grievances, working before your start-time, suffering in silence instead of taking action are all chalked up as allegiance and loyalty to UPS? I see where you're coming from now. Because UPS cuts me a paycheck at the end of every week, I should now disregard the fact that I'm a union employee with specific rights. Because UPS pays my medical benefit I should ignore the fact I have constitutional rights afforded to me as an American citizen. Because UPS pays my dental insurance, I should obviously suffer in silence and allow people to walk all over me and my coworkers. Because UPS pays into my pension, I should now ignore the fact that both sides have agreed to a contract and neither party seems very eager to uphold it? I don't think so Tieguy, like I said before, I'm not buying your brand.

I owe this company nothing at the end of the day. I come into work on time, I go out and give it my all. I go above and beyond the expectations for service to customers and try to be as helpful as possible. I'm compensated fairly for my labor and I go home. That is the extent of my relationship when it comes to UPS, this isn't my life and I never plan on having UPS or the Teamsters define who I am as a person. Save the brainwashing techniques for simple minded fools who don't have critical thinking skills, thanks in advance.

Comon griff help me out here. You keep telling me your'e a great company guy. show me. Have a call to arms to generate some sales leads since you have nothing but love for the company?:happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Comon griff help me out here. You keep telling me your'e a great company guy. show me. Have a call to arms to generate some sales leads since you have nothing but love for the company?:happy-very:
I have an idea tie, why not honor the contract and get the paid days down, stop using sups to run the routes and load the trucks and unload them. Maybe if you (management) honor the contract and reduce paid days drivers might not be too tired to find new business or too scared for stealing time while attempting to grow the business.

What i got from this thread from griff is accountability on both parts, teamsters and ups management. Im in favor of both, if the union wont represent you the members than its time for them to go! Ups seems to only honor the contract when it benefits them, termination, suspension or just to discipline an employee. However when the employee files a grievance the company takes the how dare you approach and either harass the member or try and get even. Why not just admit hey, you know we were wrong? Why no one wants to take accountability for making a mistake. The contract was agreed upon by both sides to benefit the memebers and give the company a guideline to run its operation, but they feel they can alter from it at will.

Griff dont get stressed out over it, do what you can and watch how others will follow your lead.

Griff

Figured you'd respond with something like this. You always derail the conversation and redirect attention when you get exposed and embarrassed. Gotta try to save face, I'm glad your management training is in full bloom. I don't strut around this board claiming myself to be a great company man, that's your bag. If you want a call to arms for sales lead and customer retention, make your own thread and stop polluting mine with your bias and prejudice.

tieguy

Banned
Figured you'd respond with something like this. You always derail the conversation and redirect attention when you get exposed and embarrassed. Gotta try to save face, I'm glad your management training is in full bloom. I don't strut around this board claiming myself to be a great company man, that's your bag. If you want a call to arms for sales lead and customer retention, make your own thread and stop polluting mine with your bias and prejudice.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about on my end. You made the call to arms. You try to tell me your not some disgruntled driver with feelings of inadequacies trying to boss the boss. You claim you're a good driver doing a good job. Then why not a call to arms to improve service or increase sales lead if you are all you say you are. You continue to prove my point with every post.

This call to arms is about one thing and one thing only...giving the boss a hard time using the grievance process.

tieguy

Banned
Griff I respect you more if you were honest. Want me to stop "polluting your thread?" Then be honest.

Just say the truth that you want to do a call to arms because you hate the company and you want to stick a grievance up their rears for every real and imagined issue you can generate.

Say the truth Griff if you can.

Griff

There is nothing to be embarrassed about on my end. You made the call to arms. You try to tell me your not some disgruntled driver with feelings of inadequacies trying to boss the boss. You claim you're a good driver doing a good job. Then why not a call to arms to improve service or increase sales lead if you are all you say you are. You continue to prove my point with every post.

This call to arms is about one thing and one thing only...giving the boss a hard time using the grievance process.

You aren't very good at reading. I feel sorry for you, you're clearly delusional.

Griff

Griff I respect you more if you were honest. Want me to stop "polluting your thread?" Then be honest.

Just say the truth that you want to do a call to arms because you hate the company and you want to stick a grievance up their rears for every real and imagined issue you can generate.

Say the truth Griff if you can.

Just because that is what YOU believe this thread to be about doesn't make it true. There are several posts in here from people that got the point of this thread very clearly. You know, people that don't carry around a prejudice and bias towards people who stick up for themselves at UPS. I hate to be the first person to break the news to you, but you aren't the king of the earth. What you think, feel and say isn't the end-all and be-all. Real tough news, I know, try to make the best of it.

P.S. -- Your respect means zero to me.

tieguy

Banned
Just because that is what YOU believe this thread to be about doesn't make it true. There are several posts in here from people that got the point of this thread very clearly. You know, people that don't carry around a prejudice and bias towards people who stick up for themselves at UPS. I hate to be the first person to break the news to you, but you aren't the king of the earth. What you think, feel and say isn't the end-all and be-all. Real tough news, I know, try to make the best of it.

P.S. -- Your respect means zero to me.

Its never been about the contract. Its always been about the hate you carry for the boss and this company. You hate the job, you feel trapped and you don't know how to get out of it. Therefore you become a pain to the boss in every way possible. I've seen your type before. Your call to arms is not about the contract its about being a disruptive force. Its about trying to be the biggest pain in the rear that you can as you try to boss the boss.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hello guys... I see that this thread is getting a little heated so I just wanted to remind everyone of one of the lines in our Terms of Service:

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation.

Thank you:peaceful:

Griff

Its never been about the contract. Its always been about the hate you carry for the boss and this company. You hate the job, you feel trapped and you don't know how to get out of it. Therefore you become a pain to the boss in every way possible. I've seen your type before. Your call to arms is not about the contract its about being a disruptive force. Its about trying to be the biggest pain in the rear that you can as you try to boss the boss.

It blows my mind how you're allowed to furiously troll and derail this thread with your closed mind and circular logic. Wild, inaccurate, unjustified assumptions about me in virtually every post you have made here. Good thing you didn't pull this inside the building, you'd have a harassment grievance pinned to your forehead right now. We are all still eagerly awaiting your Call to Arms for sales leads and perfect service. I'm shocked that you didn't take the time, while stealing time at UPS, to post the thread you have been obsessing about. Instead you chose to once again embarrass yourself and other members of management in this thread.

tieguy

Banned
I'm shocked that you didn't take the time, while stealing time at UPS, to post the thread you have been obsessing about. Instead you chose to once again embarrass yourself and other members of management in this thread.

My my stealing time is it? Pssst griff I hate to spring this on you but management can't steal time. they get paid the same no matter how many extra hours we work. You should probably master the concept of hourly and salaried before you encourage your brothers to file more grievances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheryl,

Don't worry there is no heat in this discussion on my part.

As I pointed out the call to arms by someone to step up the labor activity against the company is always more then just following the contract.

Its really a call to get back at the man. The person who pushes this agenda has other issues to deal with then simply following the contract.

The contract is really just a tool to try to be disruptive. this type of person will file many grievances and lose most.

Griff has demonstrated this point many times. Griff has made this point many times. However when I point blank point out what he has already said in so many ways he backs away from the point.

I don't believe I derailed the thread at all. You spoke on the need for a call to arms ..I questioned your true motives. Your true motives are a legitimate question to ask on this thread.

I don't know why you are so defensive on the subject. You've said you hate the job, you hate your management people. Why not admit your call to arms is just a ruse to get back at the man, job and the company?