A person from the safety committee on Topic

Birdblue

i was wondering is a person from the safety committee able to get a loader into trouble like possibly being able sway management into giving that person a warning letter and eventually leading to a termination if that person from the safety committee has enough on that loader? Needing honest answers please.

Integrity

Binge Poster
i was wondering is a person from the safety committee able to get a loader into trouble like possibly being able sway management into giving that person a warning letter and eventually leading to a termination if that person from the safety committee has enough on that loader? Needing honest answers please.
Yes. I believe it is possible.

Why would you want to do this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Absolutely

It’s a known fact safety committee members are huge arse kissers

Indecisi0n

Safety is a joke . Look at all the injuries and accidents . If members had balls they would all step down to prove a point . Oh wait, I forgot that most drivers live above their means and need that extra 45 mins in the morning in order to pay for their mortgage .

Integrity

Binge Poster
Safety is a joke . Look at all the injuries and accidents . If members had balls they would all step down to prove a point . Oh wait, I forgot that most drivers live above their means and need that extra 45 mins in the morning in order to pay for their mortgage .
Safety Committees need to file grievances and OSHA complaints as needed.

clean hairy

Safety committee members are hourlies?
Some if not all are in the union?
Safety committee is to observe and snitch on other hourlies?
The union oath states along the lines of "No member shall cause harm to another member?"
Seems there would be a problem with the company to be paying members to snitch on other members?

35years

Gravy route
To the original poster...

Any employee can be a snitch, not just safety commitee members. But there is language in the contract barring the safety commitee from preforming management duties. My business manager at the union is VERY strict on this issue. All safety observations MUST be anonymous; that is if they observe unsafe behavior and report it to management no names or identifying info (such as work area) can be disclosed.

If they try to discipline you based on a safety commitee member's observations you have a case for a grievance.

35years

Gravy route
Safety committees are made up of management and union members. Union members can be thrown off by the business manager. Safety committees should have at least one strong union member or management will try to manipulate them.

If YOUR committee is a bunch of boot licking rats it is time you joined. Tell your business agent you are a strong teamster and want on the committee to make sure they are following the contract. The union can say which Teamsters are on or off the committee.