A person from the safety committee on Topic

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our local dissolved the safety committee. It’s had zero affect on our daily operations.
Was this dissolution authorized by the Union Co-Chair of the Teamsters United Parcel Service National Negotiating Committee and was the UPS President of Labor Relations informed of this desire to dissolve the safety committee?

allahuakbar

She/Her
No I’m not and please don’t explain it to me.

I’m sure it’s still technically there. They just don’t have presentations or meetings.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No I’m not and please don’t explain it to me.

I’m sure it’s still technically there. They just don’t have presentations or meetings.

Ok.

But the reality of my experience has revealed that a significant reason Safety Committees fail is due to the failures of integrity within the rank and file.

IMO If there was more integrity within the ranks then they would be more of a success.

Package Stick

"Send it."
i was wondering is a person from the safety committee able to get a loader into trouble like possibly being able sway management into giving that person a warning letter and eventually leading to a termination if that person from the safety committee has enough on that loader? Needing honest answers please.
I'm the Wellness Champ (lmao) for my Hub. I'm on the board to be a pain in my Center Managers ass, I snitch on sups trying to get people to do stupid :censored2:.

The only thing I tell people is to work at a safe pace, and drink water. I do observations only so I can tell people about the Union and the contract haha.

Half of ours sit in the office and talk sports with the ORS and do DOKs on each other. The other half loads their trucks while on safety time.

This is exactly what it's like in our building. We also have some evening safety committee guys who will occasionally move trucks around car wash. But :censored2: me I ain't never seen them do a :censored2: thing but sit around and eat and hit on the hot bitches.

542thruNthru

This is exactly what it's like in our building. We also have some evening safety committee guys who will occasionally move trucks around car wash. But :censored2: me I ain't never seen them do a :censored2: thing but sit around and eat and hit on the hot bitches.

The "hot" bitches? Do they also lose $200 a hour coming to work like you do?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you think this is good for UPS employees? I don’t.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
i was wondering is a person from the safety committee able to get a loader into trouble like possibly being able sway management into giving that person a warning letter and eventually leading to a termination if that person from the safety committee has enough on that loader? Needing honest answers please.
If they did, they would get their ass handed to them