A possible MLK Holiday Solution?

A lot of routes get broken out on Monday compared to the other days of the week as it is now.

What people say they want and then what people end up really doing is often two different things. Maybe 25% of people taking the day off might be a disaster, but people can still call in, and we don't have a huge spike in call ins as it is now on MLK Day so quietly adding another discretionary day to the contract might just be a good solution for everyone
I agree another discretionary day off (at the companies discretion) would be a cheap trade off.

Thebrownblob

Good luck with that. We have 2 discretionary days off a year and are always denied. I just take the extra 2 days pay every year.
I haven’t been denied my option days for quite some time, but I do have quite a bit of seniority. But when I didn’t have seniority and I was denied, I took it anyway, and they usually just pay me.

noril

In Local 705 we get four optional days... Additionally, we can break up our optional week into individual days if we so choose. Work and life should be a balance. I am figuring we are all mature enough to be able to take some quantity of discretionary days and each decide for ourselves how to best use them

Thebrownblob

In Local 705 we get four optional days... Additionally, we can break up our optional week into individual days if we so choose. Work and life should be a balance. I am figuring we are all mature enough to be able to take some quantity of discretionary days and each decide for ourselves how to best use them
I want those days off too!!

You damn Chicago local 😆🤪