A preloaders revenge.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's scabby.

I show up exactly at start time. Never look through truck. Bad preloading is not my problem. Deal with the cards I'm dealt.
I like to arrive 30 minutes early to feel settled and also look inside the PC. Never touch anything except punch diad. Then wander off until PCM. That is not scabby JMO

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the newbies also follow the load charts exactly to. so they load bulk stops on shelfs, which takes up all their space. the sad part is they can just ask the driver where they want things or tell the driver where they put something. we have a guy who is pretty bad and I like to remind the part time supervisor he trained him. lmao

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

the newbies also follow the load charts exactly to. so they load bulk stops on shelfs, which takes up all their space. the sad part is they can just ask the driver where they want things or tell the driver where they put something. we have a guy who is pretty bad and I like to remind the part time supervisor he trained him. lmao

"Custom loads" are frowned upon; however, my loader is one of the good ones, which is why I have no problem handing him $100 at Christmas and the occasional bottle of water throughout the year.

barnyard

KTM rider
the newbies also follow the load charts
No load charts and custom loads come to an end with Orion.

Preloading is probably the toughest job at UPS. The training most preloaders get is pathetic.

I have snapped at preloaders a couple of times. Usually it is not the preloader that should be getting the wrath, it is their supe. Their supe has seen the loads and knows how bad they are.

PT Car Washer

Preloading is probably the toughest job at UPS. The training most preloaders get is pathetic.

I have snapped at preloaders a couple of times. Usually it is not the preloader that should be getting the wrath, it is their supe. Their supe has seen the loads and knows how bad they are.
Not even the PT sups fault. Most likely he only started last month before he was "promoted". Blame the FT sups and preload manager and his boss the Center manager. They are the only ones that can change things.

Jkloc420

Preloading is probably the toughest job at UPS. The training most preloaders get
That's why they should pay union members extra to train them. Instead of part time supes who haven't been there that long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not even the PT sups fault. Most likely he only started last month before he was "promoted". Blame the FT sups and preload manager and his boss the Center manager. They are the only ones that can change things.

There is no one to blame.

The loader had taken enough grief from the drivers, knew it was going to be his last day and decided to get his revenge.

barnyard

KTM rider
That's why they should pay union members extra to train them. Instead of part time supes who haven't been there that long.

Yabbut, then it would be done by seniority. In my center, the best preloaders do not have the most seniority. The highest seniority preloaders have the worst habits and I would prefer those not be passed along.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our loaders are given a load chart each morning showing the total number of packages, packages by section and total number of air packages. This is done before the belt is even turned on. Anyone with a lick of common sense would be able to look at one of those charts and adjust the load accordingly.

Box Ox

Our loaders are given a load chart each morning showing the total number of packages, packages by section and total number of air packages. This is done before the belt is even turned on. Anyone with a lick of common sense would be able to look at one of those charts and adjust the load accordingly.

At my center the charts aren't typically posted on the back of the cars until well into the sort. Sometimes an hour or more. And even then, the package tabulations are typically incomplete.

Jkloc420

Usually the load charts are off. Unless your a regular loader who knows for the most part what is coming each day you wont do very good loading trucks. For example there are a couple days that a load chart will say i get a certain number of packages for a bulk stop and it is never correct.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I think all preloaders should start out a week on preload. Then after they load a few days they have to go out as a driver helper on a car they loaded and have to get all the packages out all day. That way they will learn how much a decent load and being able to find packages easily helps out the driver. If they have to sort through a pile of boxes in the middle of the floor because the 5000 and 7000 shelf flew off after your first turn, then maybe they'll realize their effect on us.

I went to driving school to be a utility driver while I was a preloader and after I got back from school I did a ride along with one of the drivers from the safety committee. I realized what drivers have to deal with and how a crap load can add tons of time to their day. After that I started doing the little things that I knew would help the driver out. It made me a way better preloader.

W

What The Hawk?

I think all preloaders should start out a week on preload. Then after they load a few days they have to go out as a driver helper on a car they loaded and have to get all the packages out all day. That way they will learn how much a decent load and being able to find packages easily helps out the driver. If they have to sort through a pile of boxes in the middle of the floor because the 5000 and 7000 shelf flew off after your first turn, then maybe they'll realize their effect on us.

I went to driving school to be a utility driver while I was a preloader and after I got back from school I did a ride along with one of the drivers from the safety committee. I realized what drivers have to deal with and how a crap load can add tons of time to their day. After that I started doing the little things that I knew would help the driver out. It made me a way better preloader.
Oh my goodness. I would love to ride with a driver. That's a great idea.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The best preloaders in my building all go out has helpers during peak.
The best preloaders are almost always former drivers. In my area anyway.

It's odd because I hear about preloaders being very good or excellent, and they might only have 2-3 misloads a week, but their loads are pretty crappy. Then you have people with 5-10 misloads a week(total) but the loads are excellent, but they are ridden for misloads.