A preloaders revenge.

542thruNthru

So I just got off the phone with my center manager. He was calling me to beg me to help out a driver as soon as I was done today (have already went way over 9.5 twice this week.). So he tells me that we have a major issue with 3 drivers.

Apparently a preloader who had only been working for a month decided he was sick of the way these 3 drivers were treating him. So my center manager tells me each truck is a mix of all 3 routes. Being that today is already a heavy day and we have iPhones on top of it. He's calling everyone to have them help asap.

Oh and the preloader quit this morning as he punched out my center manager told me.

542thruNthru

The sad part is....the loader was probably patting himself on the back thinking he was the first person to think of doing that on his way out the door. :rofl:

Never heard of it happening in our building. I'm guessing you've seen someone do it before.

He sure picked the right day for maximum damage.

km3

Just out of curiosity, are these three drivers bona-fide jerks, or did the preloader create all the tension? Or both? I suspect it's the preloader, and I have no intention of defending him or justifying his bitch move...I'm just genuinely curious, that's all.

km3

To be honest I don't have all the details. I know they were upset they lost their regular guy. So they complained a ton about it.

Just in case you got the wrong idea from my responses, see my edited post.

I can understand that though. They make or break your whole day, and getting someone new to replace someone you may have had for years is going to be a major adjustment. I'm not trained/qualified to preload, but in desperate situations they did have me cover a package car or two. Drivers were upset, but never jerks about it. They understood. When it's that bad, they always told me since I'm not a preloader, that the most important thing was no misloads and to throw all their air in a tote.

542thruNthru

Just out of curiosity, are these three drivers bona-fide jerks, or did the preloader create all the tension? Or both? I suspect it's the preloader, and I have no intention of defending him or justifying his bitch move...I'm just genuinely curious, that's all.

I understand. I'm not defending either one honestly. Don't know how bad he was or how much crap these guys were giving him on a daily basis.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
LOL mission accomplished for him. He just better hope one of those 3 drivers don't see him outside of work somewhere.
Preloaders do wield a lot of power. Certain things they can do can give you fits and unnecessarily extend your day, even without misroutes. Or, they can be absolutely studly and have you running smooth as a woman's freshly shaved legs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Rule number 1. Dont piss off your preloader
That's no excuse for what the non hacker pulled...that's some silly quitter BS. I loaded for mostly nice drivers but I had a handful who loved to scream and shout at the rain. One in particular was a whiny B* who I custom loaded everyday and he never tipped me at Christmas. I giggled the day he finally got himself fired.
You hate the job and want to quit? Sure, but quit like an adult.

snarts

I'm guessing since he was only a month in he would not have had enough experience to properly load a truck and especially on a new set.

Were they already on the road when they figured it out?

542thruNthru

I'm guessing since he was only a month in he had not had enough experience to properly load a truck and especially on a new route.

Were they already on the road when they figured it out?

Yes they were already on route when they noticed half their truck was two different routes. Don't know exactly when they noticed yet but I'm guessing after air. So around 1030.