A Question about UPSPAC

Limper

Out For Delivery
As a driver, I think I understand what UPSPAC tries to accomplish: influence lawmakers to be more favorable to UPS, help steer legislation, change votes on vital bills, etc.

Here's my question: why aren't drivers asked to contribute just like the partners? Maybe 8 of so years ago, our center manager asked all of us to write letters to our Congressmen about a piece of transportation legislation, and most of us did it. But in 15 years of PCM's, I don't remember UPSPAC come up even once.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As a driver, I think I understand what UPSPAC tries to accomplish: influence lawmakers to be more favorable to UPS, help steer legislation, change votes on vital bills, etc.

Here's my question: why aren't drivers asked to contribute just like the partners? Maybe 8 of so years ago, our center manager asked all of us to write letters to our Congressmen about a piece of transportation legislation, and most of us did it. But in 15 years of PCM's, I don't remember UPSPAC come up even once.

Since your dues to the Teamster's are used for the same purpose, it would not make sense.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Hoaxster, you're not saying UPS interests and union interests are one in the same?
There are those of us that are able to actually think independently, and are concerned about issues of competitiveness.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

You and I both know they didn't ASK anyone to write those letters.