A raise unlikely next year for hourly employees

Elroy Shabazz

A couriers at my station went to one of those town hall meetings and asked about the raises. The only info he got was that because of last year's raises and the bonus payouts, there would unlikely be a raise until April of 2020.

Oldfart

A couriers at my station went to one of those town hall meetings and asked about the raises. The only info he got was that because of last year's raises and the bonus payouts, there would unlikely be a raise until April of 2020.
Oh geez. You just had to give the whiners something to whine about. Why not wait till next October to worry about it? I doubt the Director or whoever gave the townhall has the final say and I would imagine the decision has not even been made yet. 24 months without a raise? Unless we have a repeat of 2008, I would bet a steak dinner that isn't gonna happen.

vantexan

If so probably just for top out.

Purplepackage

Yeah that’s highly unlikely. Did you know Express is currently in a growth period so much so that we are actually doing major construction on every air hub in the country?

Also they are so desperate for workers in Memphis they are actually offering to pay for you to get a bachelors degree through the university of Memphis.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Even if it’s true, it’s WAY to early to worry about that.

SmithBarney

Yeah that’s highly unlikely. Did you know Express is currently in a growth period so much so that we are actually doing major construction on every air hub in the country?

Also they are so desperate for workers in Memphis they are actually offering to pay for you to get a bachelors degree through the university of Memphis.

Exactly... they are investing so much in infrastructure, they can't afford raises... and of course they'll bring up how much the computer attack at TNT cost us... The ongoing joke around here is (based on historical "excuses" by FedEx) "FedEx is barely scraping by, making just enough to keep the lights on...so sorry no raise this year..."