Absurd lunch rule today

upsdude

Our guys here in South Florida files a grieveance about MGMT handling/moving misloads from one driver to the next and won. Our MGMT won't touch pkgs that are misloaded and will even ask that you meet the driver or deliver it yourself. Those miles do wonders for your time allowance. I once delivered a pkg 20 miles roundtrip and stopped at my house for lunch on the way back because I drove right by, but normally stay on area. Article37, maybe you should just make nice with a bunch of restaurant mgmt and reap the benefits of their generosity.:happy-very:

Or maybe I like spending time with my wife and kids. It’s amazing how much quality time can be gained from a few minutes at the dinner table.

Sorry, I’m not concerned about Joe Manager dropping off a wrong car be it my home or another location.

Besides, my Teamster BA tells us we must study the 10 point/5 seeing habits off the clock. I don’t see a “management moving wrong cars” grievance going very far. Some things just aren’t worth fighting over.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Or maybe I like spending time with my wife and kids. It’s amazing how much quality time can be gained from a few minutes at the dinner table.

Sorry, I’m not concerned about Joe Manager dropping off a wrong car be it my home or another location.

Besides, my Teamster BA tells us we must study the 10 point/5 seeing habits off the clock. I don’t see a “management moving wrong cars” grievance going very far. Some things just aren’t worth fighting over.

Whoa, not trying to be Joe Union here, sorry for that impression. I'm totally thrilled that you get to spend time with your family, just as I do. I guess I was just trying to work around to the fact that I was able to eat lunch in my house, once. My wife works and all my girls are in school, so the only benefit of going home would be to relax and hang with the dogs. I relax wherever I eat, though. Restaurants on my route usually give me the "UPS" discount, which varies place to place. Let's just say that I eat rather well.

I may catch flak for this, but I personally don't have a problem with mgt shuttling left in buildings or misloads between drivers as long as they don't deliver any of them along the way.
snip
His replacement (picture Waldo) is less than stellar, not due to lack of effort, just lack of skill, so misloads go up significantly.

I don't have a problem with the sups running misloads either, but I bet the part timer that should be doing that work does.

And just what skill are you referring to ? READING?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't have a problem with the sups running misloads either, but I bet the part timer that should be doing that work does.

And just what skill are you referring to ? READING?

And there you have the fair and balanced point that I was trying to make, thanks trplnkl!:happy2:

scoobypanda

Remember, do not drive your PC to your house until this gets resolved. You still have to work as directed.

I really like the idea of leaving the PC and walking to your house.
3/4 of a mile is nothing!
not when I am clocked out for lunch. why should you defend yourself when you are doing nothing wrong? If you are within a mile, take lunch wherever you please. Sounds like your manager has a little god complex and needs to learn that he can't control everything and everyone.

upsdude

Whoa, not trying to be Joe Union here, sorry for that impression. I'm totally thrilled that you get to spend time with your family, just as I do. I guess I was just trying to work around to the fact that I was able to eat lunch in my house, once. My wife works and all my girls are in school, so the only benefit of going home would be to relax and hang with the dogs. I relax wherever I eat, though. Restaurants on my route usually give me the "UPS" discount, which varies place to place. Let's just say that I eat rather well.

We're good! No harm no foul!

I'm just not a "file" every chance you get kind of guy. BTW, I don't think you are either.

atatbl

Does your center manager live on your route? If so, go to his house for lunch, his wife could use the company.

Careful, a comment like that can cause users at BC to insinuate that you make fun of mentally handicapped children. People like us (sense of humor) are not to use our skills here. I am disappointed in you UPSdude /sarcasm.

Originally Posted by brownmonster
I have lunch with a Playmate every day.

Measurements ?????

11.75"L x 7.25"W x 12"H

p6096b.jpg

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I used to take my lunch at the end of the day also. Move it to the middle of the day. At 12/1. That will screw there plan and you could file for a month of 9.5. Request a time study every time they harass you. I'm sure you will have 10/15 stops pulled if you keep reminding them how much more work there is now compared to 20 yrs ago when they probably did the last study.

You will only lose with a time study, they are now done on a computer using google and virtual earth. As far as I can see there is no way traffic, speed limits, traffic control devices and accurate walk lengths can be taken into consideration.

rocket man

It sucks but if you were instrutced not to go you best not go. there are on a firing kick i think its time to strike let the on roads do the work for a while Thats just my opinion. watch how many rules those lying sacks breAk f33333333333333333em

New Englander

It sucks but if you were instrutced not to go you best not go. there are on a firing kick i think its time to strike let the on roads do the work for a while Thats just my opinion. watch how many rules those lying sacks breAk f33333333333333333em

Yeah let's strike AFTER we decided upon the contract! Makes sense to me!

ups79

With the economy like it is, you want to strike? What a shameless hippy.