Ac in pkg car

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Surprisingly enough the econoline/gmc vans have some of the worst cooling, they cool, but not well.
I have a gmc cutaway box van... I'll close all the other vents and focus the 2 main ones by the steering wheel towards my armpits.

It's true no AC is needed, but it sure does help me stay focused on the road.

Fred's Myth said:
Sprinters DO, however, have a POWER ROOF VENT in the cargo area that, left on constantly, has a major impact on the ambient temperature. Simple, effective, cost-efficient.

I think @Operational needs posted a pic of this somewhere... if they can get a solar powered one like the RVs then it will be better than nothing in the cargo area

51TUloMM%2B8L._AC_SY400_.jpg

22-0127-2T.jpg

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
A/C isn't necessary in Atlanta Corporate either. Let's shut it down to save money!
Open those windows!
I firmly believe that if UPS wants a non- AC policy of the vehicles to even falsely resemble good faith treatment of their workforce they should discontinue the use of AC except for essential computer rooms.

The non-strenuous workers health and wellness should not be favored over those that work strenuously and that carry the ability of this company to make the profits it does on their backs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe UPS could and should find a way to put their brilliant executive minds together and put together their plan to save face and get with the 21st Century and put air conditioning in their vehicles and their facilities.

To expedite this they should start by shutting down the use of AC in all the management buildings and offices. They should go with no AC until the time they have the plan in motion to accomplish this.

The top executives should set the example and the shut down should begin where they work first. I think starting with the Management Committee and the Board of Directors is a most appropriate place to start.

Available is a very simple AC that is meant for easy installation and retro fit. Seems to me perfect for package cars cab. It would be start at least.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/12V-Unde...rator-Classic-Universal-for-Cooling/597462937

brostalss

I believe UPS could and should find a way to put their brilliant executive minds together and put together their plan to save face and get with the 21st Century and put air conditioning in their vehicles and their facilities.

To expedite this they should start by shutting down the use of AC in all the management buildings and offices. They should go with no AC until the time they have the plan in motion to accomplish this.

The top executives should set the example and the shut down should begin where they work first. I think starting with the Management Committee and the Board of Directors is a most appropriate place to start.

Available is a very simple AC that is meant for easy installation and retro fit. Seems to me perfect for package cars cab. It would be start at least.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/12V-Unde...rator-Classic-Universal-for-Cooling/597462937
Disagree

R1wonder

Some routes have long drives to get to the area . Or long distances between stops . Even if it’s only 2-3 min it still lowers your body temp on a day that’s so hot you’re at risk of a heat stroke that could make the difference. They need to have vents in the back though, that’s the worst part of the truck . I’m sure we’ve all struggled to find a package and after 1 min of looking we have to get out and catch our breath

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I believe UPS could and should find a way to put their brilliant executive minds together ...

Like when telematics was implemented and management was threatening drivers for idling during lunch? This in zero degree weather! No regards for the drivers out in the elements!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe UPS could and should find a way to put their brilliant executive minds together ...

Like when telematics was implemented and management was threatening drivers for idling during lunch? This in zero degree weather! No regards for the drivers out in the elements!
That attitude is completely unacceptable.

What did you do about it?

Integrity

Binge Poster
There is an avenue to address that.

"B. A National UPS/IBT Safety and Health Grievance Committee to respond to safety, health, ergonomic and climatic issues and concerns;"

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

@Integrity is an obvious proponent of A/C in pkg cars.

Maybe.... he could lead the way, from a CHSP member perspective.

-Bug-
Maybe.

First the issue should expeditiously go through the local Safety Committee process.

I would recommend every Safety Committee bring these issues up.

Both the International and OSHA respond favorably when local processes are not ignored or circumvented.