AC

Brownsocks

Just a dog
When I did package I'd always vent the back. I'd open the rear door and bulk head door and back up to my next stop. Cooled the back down at least 20°.
Here the Amazon drivers keep their bulkhead and rear doors open while delivering. Guess you really can't fix stupid.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ac would be great on cargo area . up front not good . turn on ac 125 times a day its gonna break more than it works.some kinda system in back. Would be great .even of they hook up a flat celing fan that blows down .that would work..

There is 0% chance the company would agree to retro fit trucks with anything

the manufacture didn't originally install or provide. New trucks put in service.... maybe ?

But that would have to be negotiated in a future contract. And, what would the members

be expected to forfeit.... for it. Even further, who gets them, and is it by seniority ?

To many problems with this issue. Unless, the company replaces the entire fleet at one time.

And that ain't gonna happen.

Future

Victory Ride

the manufacture didn't originally install or provide. New trucks put in service.... maybe ?

But that would have to be negotiated in a future contract. And, what would the members

be expected to forfeit.... for it. Even further, who gets them, and is it by seniority ?

To many problems with this issue. Unless, the company replaces the entire fleet at one time.

Get the :censored2: out with your bulls :censored2: .....

Future

Victory Ride

First my my list 2 investigate

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The rare time I side with the company. Imagine the cost of equipping and maintaining AC in what? 180,000 vehicles? The doors are always open and you’re in and out of it too much to even feel a difference. Now what the cars do need are those vents we get on the driver side door that hits our legs, in the back of the car. Two on either side that lets air flow in and out of. They could splurge for a dash mounted fan though.

JL 0513

As much as it would be nice to have, even in short bursts, it just isn't practical if we're being honest with ourselves.

The average route is a good 150 stops a day.
How would those AC compressors do turning on and off every 2 minutes all day.

And while we may close and open our doors at every stop on the coldest winter days, UPS sure doesn't like that added time. They implemented keyless start and auto openng bulkhead doors to save seconds. Obviously they want that passenger door left open.

And really it's not the cab where we suffer as the wind blows decently at speef. It's the damn package compartment and they're not going to AC that.

WTFm8

We don't need AC. It'd be a good way to get a bad headache with all those temp changes and sweating.

They just need to install a vent in the bulkhead and a 10" powered fan in the rear wall that flows ~500 CFM. That'd be enough flow to exchange the air in the truck every 2 minutes when EMPTY.

A household 20" box fan does 2500cfm on high for comparison.

MostHelpNeeded

Any of you ever been in a camper? I Don't see why one of those roof mounted A/C's wouldn't work perfectly in the back. They're only like $600 and with UPS placing an order for 180,000ish I'm sure they could work out a bulk discount. Say they get them for $400, that's only $72 Million....barely a drop in the bucket lol Hell they could place 25 of those orders in 1 quarter and still have some change (profit) left over

MC0493

I always get annoyed when i see the little mail trucks driving around with like 2 flaps for their 1.3 cubic feet of cargo space and we get don't get :censored2: for the back.