AC

GenericUsername

Lost me at buyable.

Company should provide it ALL. At the very least. We know AC is outta the question but cmon. I agree the "summer" uniform makes perfect sense. It goes to show another example of how the company doesn't care about us.

As long as the company allowed this uniform to be worn in the Southern states year round I'm on board. Florida is insanely hot and humid right now. Couple in the red tide we're dealing with down here and being outside near the water is unbearable at some points. The heat just makes the smell worse.

Also, throw in some of those cargo shorts that FedEx uses into this deal so I can lose the pouch forever. That thing is annoying AF.

JL 0513

Yes, the worst part about the heat is the non-flex polyester uniforms. I agree, we need dry knit polo's and comfortable shorts. Current uniforms are torture in the summer.

Box Ox

They'd get ripped off/damaged first day on most routes. I drive on many side roads and older developements where I have to slow to a crawl to let low branches drag up over the roof.

Not to mention trucks are 10-11' tall aready... add on a roof mounted AC/fan/vent and you're asking for problems.

Interesting that added truck height isn’t considered a problem when it comes to a dumb drone roof door/storage. LOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As long as the company allowed this uniform to be worn in the Southern states year round I'm on board. Florida is insanely hot and humid right now. Couple in the red tide we're dealing with down here and being outside near the water is unbearable at some points. The heat just makes the smell worse.

Also, throw in some of those cargo shorts that FedEx uses into this deal so I can lose the pouch forever. That thing is annoying AF.
Why do you need a pouch?

JL 0513

I bring 2 extra shirts with me everyday in order to change throughout the day. It's embarrassing dealing with customers all sweaty.

Mr95list

I deliver shirtless. No need for ac. Sups never do observations on me because I fake cried after the last one(3 years ago) . Worked like a charm.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I don't know why they don't partner with one of the big sports companies.
You ever have that friend at school, seems totally normal, but would never let you come over to their house? So one day you're biking past and stop by, unannounced. You get that wierd sinking feeling as soon as you roll up the driveway. Walk up the back steps to knock on the door. Your brain doesn't comprehend what you're seeing at first, but there it is. A pile, of dead, headless, cats.

That's ups. Everything looks great from afar, but please don't come to our house.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They'd get ripped off/damaged first day on most routes. I drive on many side roads and older developements where I have to slow to a crawl to let low branches drag up over the roof.

Not to mention trucks are 10-11' tall aready... add on a roof mounted AC/fan/vent and you're asking for problems.

Well wutz gonna happen with those workhorse horsefly docks on the roof of a package delivery car???

They can make those roof mount fans less obtrusive and be solar powered to boot... was in another thread.

As far as having side vents, some old FedEx Ground step vans had em from the buyout of dhl vehicles... they jb-weld them shut for some stupid reason

Nolimitz

Better uniforms and an exhaust fan in the back would make all the difference in the world for you guys. A/C wouldn’t help you much except for the ride out to your route and the ride back.
Disagree My w900 at FE has air and multiple vents in cab. It is a godsend in triple digit temps, even with the passenger door left open. The cargo area still sucks even for a snatch and grab stop.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Disagree My w900 at FE has air and multiple vents in cab. It is a godsend in triple digit temps, even with the passenger door left open. The cargo area still sucks even for a snatch and grab stop.
Their stops are generally a lot closer together. How cold will the AC get between stops?

Nolimitz

I average 2 miles stop. air is super cold from the get go. I also sit and idle at lunch as I am not going to roast for 30-60 minutes. friend the new monitor modules and I cant afford to eat out every day