Accept pay freeze for future stronger contract language

menotyou

bella amicizia
profit is also used to expand the business. a business has to grow every year.
Who said all of it? If I am being told right. this is something they did regularly before the company went public.
I understand the difference between net income and gross income. You are the one who threw out the 50 billion figure. Twice.
5.8 billion dollars was reported to the SEC as their profit-net income-whatever term you want.

tourists24

You got divorced because of your job? Your life a mess because of UPS? Stress Meds?

You could be working part time at McDonalds and I bet you would have all the same problems. It's not the job, it's you. Get a grip, deliver the packages and go home. The only concern of yours is to be at work on time, work safe, and follow orders. Everything else is out of your control so why worry about it. I'm worried about you. Your posting tone has changed. This job isn't for everyone but a three year old could do it.
Im glad you finally admitted a 3 year old could do your job. It takes a man to be a driver. ;)

UPSGUY72

I would give back 5$ an hour just to be able to work 8hrs and out!!!!!!

Maybe you would but I'm not giving anything back not even a penny. Only an idiot would give back raises they already received and are guaranteed.

As long as your work for UPS your are only going to be guaranteed 8 hr a day. You will never be guaranteed only 8 hours each day. Get used to it or move on.

paidover95

Maybe you would but I'm not giving anything back not even a penny. Only an idiot would give back raises they already received and are guaranteed.

As long as your work for UPS your are only going to be guaranteed 8 hr a day. You will never be guaranteed only 8 hours each day. Get used to it or move on.

Enjoy your commute to SPFLD :-)

paidover95

ps. Maybe some of of us dont need all that overtime.We are not"IDIOTS"just a driver who would prefer to spend time with the wife,and kids.Instead of working till 8 pm or later.:-)

menotyou

bella amicizia
The problem is the union is fighting for it's own existence as well as for employees it represents.

My father is a retired union man from way back. My grandfather worked for the AFL-CIO. Both firmly believed that if a company acted with morales and integrity, there is no need for a union. I believe that, too. Unions are there for the workers. Not themselves. That is where a union starts to get into murky water. Protecting their own mortality, so to say, is not more important than the protection of the member. They are a organization of workers that have banded together to achieve common goals. The main common goal is better working conditions. I have seen working conditions deteriorate over the years I have worked here. That is my main complaint with the Teamsters. What are they doing about working conditions? I want a answer to that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IF teamsters:
Took there full lunch
Didn't work through break
Stop cutting corners
Stop speeding
Stop loading there truck before start time
How about working by the methods
And here is the big one
Wait
Wait
Wait
Wait
Ok how about not making side deals with management to get your own special treatment or area or to make bonus.

Then are contract language would be very strong and it would be a stepping stone for even stronger language.
Until teamsters stop being Me-sters we will be our own worst enemy.
anonymous,

I agree with your statement.

This can only happen if Local Union Officials become strong union people first.

Attitude and morale are a reflection of leadership.

I strongly urge the local union officials to stop hanging their toughness on the practice of saving individuals from termination.

Please don't get excited, I believe they need to protect individuals from wrongful termination and I support that 100%.

What I am against is the strength of union leadership being measured by the amount of individuals that they have saved from termination.

Union officials would do well to seek to have individuals who refuse to work according to the contract removed from service.

Often times the individuals that they save from termination are the weakest, poorest example of what a union worker should represent.

It is written UPS Policy to seek to follow the collective bargaining agreement.

Any worker management or hourly who doesn't seek to honor the collective bargaining agreement should immediately change.

If they refuse to change or are unable to change they should be fired.

Sincerely,
I

anonymous,

I agree with your statement.

This can only happen if Local Union Officials become strong union people first.

Attitude and morale are a reflection of leadership.

I strongly urge the local union officials to stop hanging their toughness on the practice of saving individuals from termination.

Please don't get excited, I believe they need to protect individuals from wrongful termination and I support that 100%.

What I am against is the strength of union leadership being measured by the amount of individuals that they have saved from termination.

Union officials would do well to seek to have individuals who refuse to work according to the contract removed from service.

Often times the individuals that they save from termination are the weakest, poorest example of what a union worker should represent.

It is written UPS Policy to seek to follow the collective bargaining agreement.

Any worker management or hourly who doesn't seek to honor the collective bargaining agreement should immediately change.

If they refuse to change or are unable to change they should be fired.

Sincerely,
I
Meanwhile ups management will keep documenting and observing and giving warning letters and hearings. They will pick off the ignorant and keep drilling methods into your brain and Joe Me-ster will feel entitled to do as he always has and get the ax and be in the DMs hot seat. From a business standpoint a diver costs over $110,000 a year price tag and these guys are so stupid to follow the RULES why wouldn't management pick em off one two three at a time.

My local 407 preaches methods METHODS SDOHTEM backwards for the idiots.

It's up to them think about it.

Later integrity
Can't wait for your retort.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Menotyou....here is one I heard yesterday from a steward

We had an employee on the midnight sort injured last week - long story short, he was given a written warning and pending suspension for "not working as directed" when he did work as directed but was incapable of working up to the speed as directed to work at.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Menotyou....here is one I heard yesterday from a steward

We had an employee on the midnight sort injured last week - long story short, he was given a written warning and pending suspension for "not working as directed" when he did work as directed but was incapable of working up to the speed as directed to work at.
I was wondering when that would start. I knew it would. That is over-managing. Art 37 should be filed. After being harassed for months, I told my supervisor that I hope his daughter has a supervisor like my dad's kid has. He didn't like it that. I told him that should tell you something, then.