Accept pay freeze for future stronger contract language

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Always my luck..I'm a 22.3 in the wrong place!

we can only look out for each other

PT's are jealous (rightfully so in some cases)
Management jealous
Even some 22.3s are jealous of other 22.3s in this local area.

Just a bad system altogether. Hopefully things are workign out o.k. for your situation!

Skooney

With the :censored2: we 22.3's put up with in Anchorage from our superior management team (considering I truly believe this is why 99% of these management people exist, is because they aren't good at anything else.) .... Hell no I wouldn't take a pay freeze for anything. The company turns a profit of billions - give me my 1 dollar a year.

bellesmom

we can only look out for each other

PT's are jealous (rightfully so in some cases)
Management jealous
Even some 22.3s are jealous of other 22.3s in this local area.

Just a bad system altogether. Hopefully things are workign out o.k. for your situation!

Thanks..been waiting 2 years, 2 months for things to work out..still waiting :-(

Integrity

Binge Poster
Meanwhile ups management will keep documenting and observing and giving warning letters and hearings. They will pick off the ignorant and keep drilling methods into your brain and Joe Me-ster will feel entitled to do as he always has and get the ax and be in the DMs hot seat. From a business standpoint a diver costs over $110,000 a year price tag and these guys are so stupid to follow the RULES why wouldn't management pick em off one two three at a time.

My local 407 preaches methods METHODS SDOHTEM backwards for the idiots.

It's up to them think about it.

Later integrity
Can't wait for your retort.
anonymous,

I'm not real clear on your point.

Please forgive me for being dense.

Local union officials should confront and challenge any union member who is not working according to recognized job methods.

I have never seen this done.

The local union officials overlook these types of things as much, if not more, than management.

Union members who ignore job methods and injury reporting procedures are hurting their union brothers and sisters.

It is the local union officials job to lead the way in correcting working conditions at UPS.

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

Let me ask this, how many full time would be willing to give something up to help out pt employees.

I'll give up 20 stops a day so they can add another route and hire another driver.

Everyone gets the same raises your in the union. If you want to change that take a no union job.

If your saying give up are raises to increase the PT starting pay. That isn't going go over to well because everyone including PTimers would not get a raise.

anonymous,

I'm not real clear on your point.

Please forgive me for being dense.

Local union officials should confront and challenge any union member who is not working according to recognized job methods.

I have never seen this done.

The local union officials overlook these types of things as much, if not more, than management.

Union members who ignore job methods and injury reporting procedures are hurting their union brothers and sisters.

It is the local union officials job to lead the way in correcting working conditions at UPS.

Sincerely,
I
If your an adult and getting paid 30buck an hour you should follow all the method + rules please. Is this what you are looking for?
I work extra hours everyweek for know extra pay whatsoever and I know I signed up for this challenge and enjoy it for the most part.

But
I'm no babysitter
Not is my local union
My boss isn't either
Or his boss
Or his bosses boss
Jim Hoffa can't make people follow methods and rules either

Grown men and women need to dig deep for 30buck an hour and do what's right.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What 407 I think is trying to say in a nutshell is this, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. When managment runs out of glue, they go on the hunt and the weak ones get sent to the factory.

A stewards job is to inform others of their rights, serve as a witness and counsel, and have the union employees back. The problem I have seen, and why I feel for our stewards job, is people don't do the right thing before they get in trouble, but want to blame the BA/steward when they feel "they aren't doing anything" even though they are. If people did everything they were suppose to, a stewards job would be A LOT easier.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What 407 I think is trying to say in a nutshell is this, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. When managment runs out of glue, they go on the hunt and the weak ones get sent to the factory.

A stewards job is to inform others of their rights, serve as a witness and counsel, and have the union employees back. The problem I have seen, and why I feel for our stewards job, is people don't do the right thing before they get in trouble, but want to blame the BA/steward when they feel "they aren't doing anything" even though they are. If people did everything they were suppose to, a stewards job would be A LOT easier.

And we would need a few less supervisors.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If your an adult and getting paid 30buck an hour you should follow all the method + rules please. Is this what you are looking for?
I work extra hours everyweek for know extra pay whatsoever and I know I signed up for this challenge and enjoy it for the most part.

But
I'm no babysitter
Not is my local union
My boss isn't either
Or his boss
Or his bosses boss
Jim Hoffa can't make people follow methods and rules either

Grown men and women need to dig deep for 30buck an hour and do what's right.
anonymous,

I agree that grown men and women should always seek to do what is right.

Individuals in positions of leadership should set the example or they should remove themselves from leadership.

If the local union officials (including shop stewards) aren't responsible for confronting the horrible working conditions and weak union members then who is?

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
anonymous,

I agree that grown men and women should always seek to do what is right.

Individuals in positions of leadership should set the example or they should remove themselves from leadership.

If the local union officials (including shop stewards) aren't responsible for confronting the horrible working conditions and weak union members then who is?

Sincerely,
I

I'll take on that question if you don't mind. Is it bad for those who get fired for not doing what is right for themselves and for the company? You say that leadership in the union should set an example and get those who won't follow the way things should be in line. By letting those people go that failed to work safe, aren't they doing just that? The person that replaces the one that wouldn't conform to the methods of safety, maybe he will, in which case he joins the union brotherhood in our persuit in safer working conditions and quality of said work.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'll take on that question if you don't mind. Is it bad for those who get fired for not doing what is right for themselves and for the company? You say that leadership in the union should set an example and get those who won't follow the way things should be in line. By letting those people go that failed to work safe, aren't they doing just that? The person that replaces the one that wouldn't conform to the methods of safety, maybe he will, in which case he joins the union brotherhood in our persuit in safer working conditions and quality of said work.
Jackburton,

I agree with your statement.

Unfortunately, local union officials will often save the jobs of individuals that are problem employees and poor examples of union workers.

Worse yet, they will use these instances as an example of their strength.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

I agree with your statement.

Unfortunately, local union officials will often save the jobs of individuals that are problem employees and poor examples of union workers.

Worse yet, they will use these instances as an example of their strength.

Sincerely,
I

This is where, as I have stated to others as to why I wouldn't be a steward, I disagree on how the union handles habitual violators. I share 407's frustration, as he's trying to get people to do the right thing, as am I. Speaking personally for myself, I couldn't in my right mind, represent someone in a grievance that obviously shouldn't be working around people that value safety, quality, and to be paid a fair days wage for their fair days work. Much like UPS seeks employees who work fast, high production, and do anything to get it done, I'm seeking people who do it safe, by the methods, and by the contract that both UPS and the Teamsters signed.