Access Points

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can't you already do that? I believe there is a way to authorize release and waive UPS of responsibility.
Ya that's what I'm saying, you can use My Choice to authorize the release, so why redirect it? It doesn't make much sense for any of the areas I deliver to. Hell, you've been able to redirect to a UPS store for a while now, the only change is that it's free now and used to cost $5.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

My choice you need to fill out lots of forms on line with personal info and they try to charge you an annual fee of $40
I'm pretty sure you only need to pay for the premium for stuff like a guaranteed delivery window and leave with neighbor.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Ya that's what I'm saying, you can use My Choice to authorize the release, so why redirect it? It doesn't make much sense for any of the areas I deliver to. Hell, you've been able to redirect to a UPS store a while now, the only change is that it's free now and used to cost $5
I just checked to see if I had the option to release it on my account and apparently I do. So even with that sometimes the driver doesn't leave the package. I'm not in a position to talk about driver's methods, but does a secured building a driver can't get into prevent a driver from releasing it? Because if that's the case I could see where redirecting a package would be beneficial. I know for everything I get from FedEx I have to have it redirected to FedEx office or I'd never get it.

worldwide

My choice you need to fill out lots of forms on line with personal info and they try to charge you an annual fee of $40

Incorrect.

It takes about 5-10 minutes to sign up online and being a UPS MyChoice member is FREE. If you want premium features, there is an OPTIONAL $40/year fee for premium membership but probably 90%-90% of the typical consumers needs are met by the free option.

Personal information is needed to verify you are who you say you are. Do you want people signing up under your name and address so they can intercept and redirect your shipments?

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/welcome.html

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not if your uncomfortable with where said package would be left outside.

A note to all of the drivers-----if you are uncomfortable with the delivery location chosen by the consignee you can override it and choose a safer location. Yes, it will show up on a report, but I would much rather justify that then having to deal with a driver follow up.