Access Points

JackStraw

At first, if the residence was within a mile of the AP I would be prompted to bring it there. Anything beyond a mile was a SA. Now, every address gets sent to the AP that is closest to the stop. If I were the customer I'd be pissssed that I have to go drive to pick up my pkg that I shopped for in the convenience of my own home.Do SA's cost that much? They are trying to squeeze every 9/10 of a penny out of every pkg.

ManInBrown

I never had the 1 mile max. No access points on my route. They go to a UPS store in the next town. Every package that was access point eligible was sent there from day 1

Do SA cost that much? Management claims we make money on attempt 1, break even on attempt 2, and lose money on attempt 3. Who knows if that's BS though.

Indecisi0n

The shipper decides what goes to an access point. UPS gives a discount on shipping when the shipper decides to ship to an access point on a missed attempted.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I used to override access points because if I ordered something and had to go pick it up after one attempt I'd be madder than a one legged waitress working at IHOP...after about a week of doing it I got talked to...screw access points

Over 70

Some of the packages I've AP'ed for a downtown urban area had to drive 15-20 min each way to pick it up.

I'd be pissed!