Access Points

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Do they actually RTS them? Our clerks send them back out for delivery!

i get aged out packages from drivers 3 different ways it seems. first are the ones that are sheeted by the access point/ups store as refused/aged out. these i believe are just handed to the driver and he hands them to me the clerk. no sheeting on drivers part. the second type are sheeted by the driver as refused when the access point/ups store hands them to him. the third aren't sheeted at all by either and those are the ones i could see making there way back into the system for another delivery if the clerk doesn't initiate the refusal and just belts it. i would think though that those would end up back at the ups store cause that was the last address associated with the tracking number. thats weird. but i also see a big increase in DCRs having drivers pick packages back up from access point/ups store and bringing to me for correction back to original address. more people with my choice catching on and saying screw that!

Indecisi0n

I had a guy that was pretty upset that they put a NDA in the box that he paid $25 in shipping for. It sat in the box for days because he didn't know what an access point was. He checked his cameras to see the driver attempt the package, check will try back the next day then never saw it again. He called UPS to track it and has to drive 10 mins away to the AP.

Does the "S" still stand for service?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our ups store just came back as an access point. They originally quit 2 months in. And the area that is covered under their umbrella seems much larger this time.

Oak

What do you want to bet this is all a scheme to get people to use my choice to authorize DR in locations the driver normally wouldn't?

DieHardUPSER

I had a guy that was pretty upset that they put a NDA in the box that he paid $25 in shipping for. It sat in the box for days because he didn't know what an access point was. He checked his cameras to see the driver attempt the package, check will try back the next day then never saw it again. He called UPS to track it and has to drive 10 mins away to the AP.

Does the "S" still stand for service?

Devils advocate in this situation. If I ordered a NDA I would make sure to be their to receive it. However let's say I wasn't and the package was brought to an AP. I would actually prefer that rather than a Second Attempt since I can pick it up from the AP that day instead of waiting until tomorrow.

I see everyone's points on why APs suck. However, in this day and age people know exactly when their package is scheduled to be delivered when it is shipped so they know to either be home or DR the package or make other arrangements. I feel we should make it clear to them that if you fail to make those arrangements you will be forced to go to an AP. I know that when I have something important coming that I do not want DRed or if the weather is really bad, I will send it to an AP to pick up on my way home from work.

Pros and Cons on both sides and then you have to account for stupidity by local management in the way to implement it.

clean hairy

I wonder if turd furgeson has customers trying to pick up and he has to advise them it is at an AP?
And then explain why they have to go a liqour store to pick it up?
Do the AP know the procedures for properly releasing the package, and how does tracking show as picked up from an AP?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I wonder if turd furgeson has customers trying to pick up and he has to advise them it is at an AP?
And then explain why they have to go a liqour store to pick it up?
Do the AP know the procedures for properly releasing the package, and how does tracking show as picked up from an AP?

Just had one leave who was trying to pick up an AP pkg.
They say "CUS PKUP RTL" in tracking

Faceplanted

Devils advocate in this situation. If I ordered a NDA I would make sure to be their to receive it. However let's say I wasn't and the package was brought to an AP. I would actually prefer that rather than a Second Attempt since I can pick it up from the AP that day instead of waiting until tomorrow.

I see everyone's points on why APs suck. However, in this day and age people know exactly when their package is scheduled to be delivered when it is shipped so they know to either be home or DR the package or make other arrangements. I feel we should make it clear to them that if you fail to make those arrangements you will be forced to go to an AP. I know that when I have something important coming that I do not want DRed or if the weather is really bad, I will send it to an AP to pick up on my way home from work.

Pros and Cons on both sides and then you have to account for stupidity by local management in the way to implement it.
It doesn't get delivered to the Ap until the next day in most situations

JL 0513

APs add a lot of work to city routes and I bet there has been no change to time allowance. You have to write out the name of store (often a long name) and the whole address and persons name. All of which is important for the person to successfully p/u their pkg. Then you have to set aside a large area to put a while pile of AP's that you then have to bring to the clerk.

Brownsfan

I hate the notification portion of access points. Sometimes I get a notification that it is an ap pkg and sometimes I don't get the alert till after I stop complete the delivery.
That right there really pisses me off. Because Now I am frustrated at having to redo the stop and the delivery notice.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The goal is to have Mom and Pop convenience stores and hardware stores to join the AP revolution.
There are no rural UPS stores in the country and need these companies to help lower the expense of rural send-agains.
I can only imagine the large liability and little income to be an AP entails for these people.
Our sales force has not been able to grab even one. No one wants the hassle.

I also don't know the reason why Signature Required packages are excluded.
These are the ones that waste us the most time.

Over 70

The goal is to have Mom and Pop convenience stores and hardware stores to join the AP revolution.
There are no rural UPS stores in the country and need these companies to help lower the expense of rural send-agains.
I can only imagine the large liability and little income to be an AP entails for these people.

Maybe because.they get the money up front for signature required stuff?

Rack em

Made the Podium

Signature required still goes to AP, but Sig required 21 and over do not.